saynomore   10-27-2005, 05:52 PM
Jacob's Ladder

AC

P.S. But I liked it anyway, and would buy the dvd. The movie was a M. C. Escher painting directed by Luis Bunuel. Wow. Visually messes with your mind.
Paul R   06-16-2007, 05:23 AM
I watched this last night.... and came away a little confused! Can you shed any light for me?
Dave F   06-16-2007, 05:34 AM
Paul R Wrote:I watched this last night.... and came away a little confused! Can you shed any light for me?

Not seen Stay - but Jacobs ladder is about purgatory if that helps:confused:

The artist formally known as Britfan
Auskar   06-16-2007, 06:44 AM
I saw it a very long time ago and didn't think much of it.
Kenji   06-16-2007, 07:21 AM
saynomore Wrote:Jacob's Ladder

AC

P.S. But I liked it anyway, and would buy the dvd. The movie was a M. C. Escher painting directed by Luis Bunuel. Wow. Visually messes with your mind.

Yes, it was another Jacob's Ladder...

But I prefer "Stay". Jacob's Ladder was scariest film ever to me! :eek:
saynomore   06-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks, Kenj, Ol' Man, you put into words exactly what I wanted to say with the movie title, Jacob's Ladder. We are on the same wave length after years on the RJ Board.

AC

P.S. I have yet to purchase the dvd for Stay, but I have the uncut Jacob's Ladder. Both are actually very good movies, just variations on the same story structure.
Kenji   06-22-2007, 08:00 PM
saynomore Wrote:Thanks, Kenj, Ol' Man, you put into words exactly what I wanted to say with the movie title, Jacob's Ladder. We are on the same wave length after years on the RJ Board.

AC

Wink Big Grin

Quote:P.S. I have yet to purchase the dvd for Stay, but I have the uncut Jacob's Ladder. Both are actually very good movies, just variations on the same story structure.

The uncut Jacob's Ladder?! I haven't seen it. How's difference between theatrical version and uncut version? I guess it's more creepy...
saynomore   06-23-2007, 11:38 PM
there are extended scenes and an extra scene. the dance sequence shows more of the creature; the ceiling sequence is new and shows the creature's tenacles breaking through the ceiling tiles.

what's missing though (shown in the movie trailers) is the scene where one of Jacob's mail bags in his delivery trunk comes to life and squirms around.

AC
Kenji   06-24-2007, 01:31 AM
saynomore Wrote:there are extended scenes and an extra scene. the dance sequence shows more of the creature; the ceiling sequence is new and shows the creature's tenacles breaking through the ceiling tiles.

what's missing though (shown in the movie trailers) is the scene where one of Jacob's mail bags in his delivery trunk comes to life and squirms around.

AC

Yikes!!! Now I got why those scenes were deleted.

That's too horrible! :eek:
Paul R   06-24-2007, 05:19 AM
You know, it's years since I saw Jacob's Ladder and I honestly can't remember it at all. I'll track it down and watch it then maybe - maybe! - I'll be a bit more clued up on Stay!