S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Anyone care to give their ideas on this pressing question...

After the LTG does its job on Tom, where does it go? Back to its origin - but where is that ? Any clues in other FWP stories?

Where does the LTG send Tom?

I have a weird - no bizzare - idea on the latter. Maybe the LTG sends Tom back in time and he is reborn as Jack. That explains why everyone thought he and Tom looked so much alike, and why Tom had this unreasonably strong crush on Gia. Now that Tom goes back, Jack will begin to have flashbacks of Tom's life iin the next book.

Gotta remember: it's only a novel, only a novel, only...
This post was last modified: 10-02-2005, 08:59 AM by fpw.
APhew   09-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Pleiades Wrote:Anyone care to give their ideas on this pressing question...

After the LTG does its job on Tom, where does it go? Back to its origin - but where is that ? Any clues in other FWP stories?

Where does the LTG send Tom?

I have a weird - no bizzare - idea on the latter. Maybe the LTG sends Tom back in time and he is reborn as Jack. That explains why everyone thought he and Tom looked so much alike, and why Tom had this unreasonably strong crush on Gia. Now that Tom goes back, Jack will begin to have flashbacks of Tom's life iin the next book.

Gotta remember: it's only a novel, only a novel, only...

You might be right. Then again it might appear on the Planet Zeist and force the Producers to recut the film again, which won't feature any footage of the LTG but consist of an expanded sex scene between Connor and Louise.

Wait, what were we talking about?

(Lisa, this was just for you, a birthday chuckle if you will...)
Lisa   09-28-2005, 01:17 AM
Aphew, you forgot the part where one of Jack's previously beheaded friends shows up fit as a fiddle without explanation.

Lisa
jpwynn   10-03-2005, 01:16 PM
I was actually assuming that he would end up in the place we got a glimpse of in Legacies. I don't remember the character's names off the top of my head, but do you remember when that hole appeared and had the ladder attached to it, and a couple people climbed down the hole and had their skin torn off?

That's the world I assumed the Lilitongue sent you to.
Maggers   10-03-2005, 04:05 PM
jpwynn Wrote:I was actually assuming that he would end up in the place we got a glimpse of in Legacies. I don't remember the character's names off the top of my head, but do you remember when that hole appeared and had the ladder attached to it, and a couple people climbed down the hole and had their skin torn off?

That's the Otherness, and is featured prominently in "The Pine Barrens" and in "Freak Show," and "Nightworld." I agree; I also think that Tom winds up in the awfulness of the Otherness.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-03-2005, 07:48 PM
I agree with Magers. You get involved with black magic (the Otherness, in Paul's books), you will pay a price beyond imagining. Trust me here. I'm not kidding. I've seen it.
Pleiades   10-04-2005, 10:14 PM
jpwynn Wrote:I was actually assuming that he would end up in the place we got a glimpse of in Legacies. I don't remember the character's names off the top of my head, but do you remember when that hole appeared and had the ladder attached to it, and a couple people climbed down the hole and had their skin torn off?

That was in Conspiracies. While I agree that it's most likely that Otherness is the where the LTG sends you, it's too easy. The LTG is a device. The Otherness don't need no stinkin' devices to get its nastiness done. The LTG has an on switch. It was made by someone, who was expecting to get safely away from his enemies.

I just keep wondering why there were so many references to Jack & Tom looking so much alike. And Jack has this fascination with kids toys from before he was born.

And where did the LTG go when it was done? I think I saw it on E-Bay.

You really only need three things: WD-40, Duct Tape, and a pointy stick. If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use the WD-40. If it moves and isn't supposed to, use the Duct Tape. If you want it to move and it doesn't want to, use the pointy stick. The rest of life is easy.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Pleiades Wrote:That was in Conspiracies. While I agree that it's most likely that Otherness is the where the LTG sends you, it's too easy. The LTG is a device. The Otherness don't need no stinkin' devices to get its nastiness done. The LTG has an on switch. It was made by someone, who was expecting to get safely away from his enemies.

I just keep wondering why there were so many references to Jack & Tom looking so much alike. And Jack has this fascination with kids toys from before he was born.

And where did the LTG go when it was done? I think I saw it on E-Bay.

Didn't the Otherness need entombed humans as part of Opus Omega to get the job done? Weren't they a "device?" I saw the LTG on e-bay, too, but I was (sob) outbid.
t4terrific   10-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Didn't the Otherness need entombed humans as part of Opus Omega to get the job done? Weren't they a "device?" I saw the LTG on e-bay, too, but I was (sob) outbid.

There are definitely a bunch of loose threads to be tied before the finish.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-09-2005, 09:23 PM
t4terrific Wrote:There are definitely a bunch of loose threads to be tied before the finish.

And that's a whole buncha tha fun, t4!