Pages (12):    1 2 3 4 5 12   
Maggers   10-07-2005, 01:06 AM
law dawg Wrote:I guess you haven't seen American History X. Norton was the title role and he was jacked up. What a physical transformation he put on. He spent a lot of hours in the gym for that physique.

As far as Viggo goes, he is too old for RJ I believe. RJ is in his 30s whereas Viggo most definitely is not.

I loved "American History X." Hard movie to watch, but I thought Norton was terrific and completely believable.

And much as I enjoy Viggo, he is NOT Jack.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

sll   10-07-2005, 02:32 AM
Maggers Wrote:I loved "American History X." Hard movie to watch, but I thought Norton was terrific and completely believable.

And much as I enjoy Viggo, he is NOT Jack.

For some reason a clue fpw gave some time ago made me think of Ashton Kurtcher

I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
I drink to make other people interesting.
-Groucho Marx

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy.
-Randy Hanzlick
t4terrific   10-07-2005, 04:40 AM
sll Wrote:For some reason a clue fpw gave some time ago made me think of Ashton Kurtcher

Well, the Repairman Jack tee shirt could mean something.
Noelie   10-07-2005, 02:36 PM
sll Wrote:For some reason a clue fpw gave some time ago made me think of Ashton Kurtcher

Kill me now.

Ed Norton is still my first choice. I love Viggo, but I'm not sure at all that he would be right for the role. Ryan Reynolds is interesting though...I thought he was incredible in The Amityville Horror. A far cry from "his wise cracking, wonderful sorta smirking self", imo. Wink
Maggers   10-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Noelie Wrote:Kill me now.

Ed Norton is still my first choice. I love Viggo, but I'm not sure at all that he would be right for the role. Ryan Reynolds is interesting though...I thought he was incredible in The Amityville Horror. A far cry from "his wise cracking, wonderful sorta smirking self", imo. Wink

I missed "Amityville Horror" in the theaters (it's about the 100th remake, right?). So I was pleasantly surprised to see ads for the DVD out now with the lovely Ryan Reynolds. I shall have to check it out.

But do not get me wrong....I love Ryan's wise cracking, wonderful sorta smirking self, if I may quote me. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Sam   10-07-2005, 10:09 PM
I really like Reynolds but think I'm going to stick with Jensen Ackles. If Reynolds gets the part, then the next dog in the RJ series will be a bulldog with huge dangling genitals. Rolleyes

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Kenji   10-08-2005, 02:55 AM
Sam Wrote:I really like Reynolds but think I'm going to stick with Jensen Ackles. If Reynolds gets the part, then the next dog in the RJ series will be a bulldog with huge dangling genitals. Rolleyes

Jensen Ackles? C.J in "Dawson's Creek" ? Hmm...........
Sam   10-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Kenji Wrote:Jensen Ackles? C.J in "Dawson's Creek" ? Hmm...........

I've only seen him in Supernatural. His character sort of brings Jack to mind - laid back, confident, charming, good sense of humor, determined, etc. But don't know if he can bring Jack's intensity to life.

BTW, if Ryan Reynolds should happen to be our guy, I wonder if Jessica Biel(sp?) would be Gia? They were together in their last 2 movies - Blade 3 and Amityville Horror.

Scratch the above pairing...I was mistaken about Jessica being in Amityville.
This post was last modified: 10-10-2005, 01:56 PM by Sam.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Kenji   10-09-2005, 05:43 AM
Sam Wrote:I've only seen him in Supernatural. His character sort of brings Jack to mind - laid back, confident, charming, good sense of humor, determined, etc. But don't know if he can bring Jack's intensity to life.

Ah! I've never seen "Supernatural" yet. A few days ago, I got cable TV. Maybe someday I can see it. Cool
law dawg   10-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Quote:In all honesty, I think it's worth it in those cases. They took steroids for a couple of months to make millions and millions of dollars. The health risks are almost nonexistant, if they do it right, for a very short period of time. They weren't cheating anybody. They had a role, they needed to get bigger quick. It's a personal choice in that case, and I have no problem with it. If someone told me I could make $5 million, if I did steroids for a couple of months, I'd do it too.
Have you seen the New England Journal of Medicne study on testosterone? 600 mg a week for 10 weeks. Control group (diet), diet and exercise group, diet and test group (no exercise) and diet, test and workout group. Amazing results. And pretty much de-bunked the myth of the danger of steroids (although test is not a steroid really). I think the study was in like early-to-mid 90s.

Quote:On the other hand, I see guys regularly, in the gym, who want to get big to impress people. They aren't willing to put in the time to do it legit though. They want to take steroids to look good for girls. There's no real profit in it. That's stupid!! Are they going to dope forever? They'll die young for sure. Just to look good the easy way.
One cycle a year or every other year would give you great gains with minimal side effects. I so wish they were legal. It amazes me I could go tomorrow and have female homones injected into me to try and become a woman but can't get male hormones. I could actually go and have an entire sex change operation but can't take steroids. Crazy. If baby boomers ever discovered that they are like a fountain of youth they would gobble them up. Instead the media hysteria about roids has blinded everyone.

Quote:Steroids in sports is cheating. They need a level playing field and if one person is willing to sacrifice their health to get ahead, it puts those who aren't at a disadvantage. I agree with trying to keep sports clean.
Disagree here. Define "cheating". Lets get our terms right before this discussion because I am interested in your opinion here.

Quote:For me, the worst thing about steroids, is that no one believes that muscular guys aren't doping. No matter how many times I tell people I'm clean, they still say, "Yeah right." I don't really care, but it still sucks that no one understands how much work you do to make small, incrimental, gains. They just say "steroids" and won't be swayed. I'm not even THAT big 5-11 and 225 lbs. I still get steroid accusations. That kind of sucks. Oh well.
No one would think I was on roids. I am 5'10" and only about 180, although I am well under 10% body fat (at last measurement (two months ago) was 8%). I will never be big. I am a small-framed guy. So I focus on power and agility. Stength is fine but of minimal use in combat. Power and speed are other matters. The training modality I most subscribe to is found at http://www.crossfit.com if you are interested. If you go, look at the main page to the left and download the "what is fitness" PDF file if you wish.
Pages (12):    1 2 3 4 5 12