Pages (12): 1 2 3 4 5 12   
Ossicle   10-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Heya,

Sorry if this has been done before, I'm pretty new here. But does anyone have any favorite well-known actors whom they think would be a great Jack?

My ideal would be for him to be like he's described -- at best blandly handsome, maybe even just ordinary-looking. And dressing only in boring clothes that don't stand out. And there'd be maybe one scene in the movie where he changes his shirt or something and, as he does, you see that he's got like 10% body fat and is extremely mucular (in a lean kind of way) -- and probably that he has a fair amount of scars. Then it's on with the ordinary shirt and the baseball cap, and you'd never guess that's how he is. I think that would be a really cool moment, but given that the studio would only want a pretty-boy I guess that at least the physiognomy part would be asking too much.

Not sure I can think of anyone.

-ml
Marc   10-03-2005, 06:36 PM
See here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here.

So, yes... this question has been answered before but people like to discuss it so by all means discuss away. Smile

By the way, welcome to the board.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Marc B. Wrote:See here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here.

So, yes... this question has been answered before but people like to discuss it so by all means discuss away. Smile

By the way, welcome to the board.

Welcome to the gang, Ossicle. Ed Norton would be a perfect Jack. (If only money wasn't an issue... :mad: )
t4terrific   10-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Welcome to the gang, Ossicle. Ed Norton would be a perfect Jack. (If only money wasn't an issue... :mad: )

Good actor, a little geeky though. He tries to make characters more suitable to his ideas rather than adjusting to be the written character. I like him better as a whiny guy. He's such a great weezle!! I see Jack as a little more ragged. Not limited to, but someone more like Mel Gibson was in Mad Max, Hugh Jackman in Swordfish, or Viggo Mortensen in A History of Violence. I really hope Viggo does accept the role, finally, but he'll need a dye job. I hope he doesn't pull the, "I've been doing too many macho roles so, no." attitude. I think he'll end up doing it and he'll be great. Everyone keeps talking about a Repairman Jack sequel, and the need for a young actor, but I wouldn't look that far ahead. I think the cart should go behind the horse. I'd worry more about trying to get one good Repairman Jack movie made, and then let the chips fall where they may. Most of the popular young actors wouldn't be willing to do a sequel anyway. They are too artsy to worry about making a great series of films. They don't want to get tied into a sequenced role.
Kenji   10-04-2005, 08:12 AM
t4terrific Wrote:Good actor, a little geeky though. He tries to make characters more suitable to his ideas rather than adjusting to be the written character. I like him better as a whiny guy. He's such a great weezle!! I see Jack as a little more ragged. Not limited to, but someone more like Mel Gibson was in Mad Max, Hugh Jackman in Swordfish, or Viggo Mortensen in A History of Violence. I really hope Viggo does accept the role, finally, but he'll need a dye job. I hope he doesn't pull the, "I've been doing too many macho roles so, no." attitude. I think he'll end up doing it and he'll be great. Everyone keeps talking about a Repairman Jack sequel, and the need for a young actor, but I wouldn't look that far ahead. I think the cart should go behind the horse. I'd worry more about trying to get one good Repairman Jack movie made, and then let the chips fall where they may. Most of the popular young actors wouldn't be willing to do a sequel anyway. They are too artsy to worry about making a great series of films. They don't want to get tied into a sequenced role.

Edward Norton is good. He's great actor. But I can't imagine he fight with Rakoshi.
Viggo Mortensen is huge guy. He's too conspicuous. Jack is normal guy. If he went into crowd, nobody can recognize him.

So......Who'd play Jack? I think Cole Hauser is good for Jack. Do you know him....? Somebody knows him?

Check this photo. This photo is from other movie "Paparazzi". Cole Hauser and Tom Sizemore. They look like Jack and Richie Cordova. Don't you think so? Big Grin

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0338325/S...er,%20Cole

His year of birth is 1975. Now he's 30 years old. Good for Jack's age.
Ossicle   10-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Kenji Wrote:Edward Norton is good. He's great actor. But I can't imagine he fight with Rakoshi.
Viggo Mortensen is huge guy. He's too conspicuous. Jack is normal guy. If he went into crowd, nobody can recognize him.

So......Who'd play Jack? I think Cole Hauser is good for Jack. Do you know him....? Somebody knows him?

Check this photo. This photo is from other movie "Paparazzi". Cole Hauser and Tom Sizemore. They look like Jack and Richie Cordova. Don't you think so? Big Grin

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0338325/S...er,%20Cole

His year of birth is 1975. Now he's 30 years old. Good for Jack's age.

You're right, he does look good. At first I thought Viggo Mortensen could be really good, but didn't realize he's very tall. I guess that is a mark against him.
Maggers   10-04-2005, 10:52 AM
There have been so many threads on this topic, I just can't bring myself to answer another one. But I do like Ron Eldard.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

jimbow8   10-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Maggers Wrote:There have been so many threads on this topic, I just can't bring myself to answer another one. But I do like Ron Eldard.

Ron Eldard
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=95]

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   10-04-2005, 11:35 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Ron Eldard
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=95]

I KNOW!! He's a honey. I've seen him on the streets of the Village a couple of times. He's not that tall. Not short either, but on the shorter side of average.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

matthewsmommy   10-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Maggers Wrote:I KNOW!! He's a honey. I've seen him on the streets of the Village a couple of times. He's not that tall. Not short either, but on the shorter side of average.
I'll second that! I had no clue who you were talking about by name, but the picture....yep, he will definitely do! Big Grin

'Cause Mommy Said So.
Pages (12): 1 2 3 4 5 12