Pages (3):    1 2 3   
dr_em2001   10-22-2005, 02:13 PM
I was actually able to obtain a copy from the public library. I was very happy to see them go out of their way to purchase the signed limited edition. # 238 Big Grin. I SERIOUSLY considered "losing it" and just paying the fine for them to buy another one, but I am not sure how much that would end up costing me. Oh well, once I get some more money, Ill probably try to find it on Ebay or something like that. Great read so far F. Paul!
Biggles   10-22-2005, 06:51 PM
dr_em2001 Wrote:I was actually able to obtain a copy from the public library. I was very happy to see them go out of their way to purchase the signed limited edition. # 238 Big Grin. I SERIOUSLY considered "losing it" and just paying the fine for them to buy another one, but I am not sure how much that would end up costing me. Oh well, once I get some more money, Ill probably try to find it on Ebay or something like that. Great read so far F. Paul!

Please tell me you're joking! They wouldn't dare put a library stamp in an FPW signed, limited! :eek:

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
t4terrific   10-22-2005, 10:16 PM
Biggles Wrote:Please tell me you're joking! They wouldn't dare put a library stamp in an FPW signed, limited! :eek:

They should put someone away for that!!! As if good condition copies don't get tough enough to find over time, now we have to compete with libraries who sticker, stamp, and loan to anyone with a mailing address? Come on!! I'm writing my congressman over this!!! (Not really, but that is surprising.) Big Grin
Blake   10-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Biggles Wrote:Please tell me you're joking! They wouldn't dare put a library stamp in an FPW signed, limited! :eek:

A friend of mine took the opposite approach once with a Dave Barry book. Dave Barry was giving a talk at the local university, so Keith (my friend) took the library's copy of one of Barry's books to autograph. I was in line behind him, and I do think Mr. Barry thought Keith might be "not right in the head". Smile (He actually is, but his sense of humor can be a bit wacky sometimes -- like mine!)

Keith got it autographed, then returned it to the library. Thinking back on it, I still find it amusing....

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Bluesman Mike Lindner   10-23-2005, 09:35 PM

For collectors, wouldn't that be a =truly= unique item? Cool
jimbow8   10-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Blake Wrote:A friend of mine took the opposite approach once with a Dave Barry book. Dave Barry was giving a talk at the local university, so Keith (my friend) took the library's copy of one of Barry's books to autograph. I was in line behind him, and I do think Mr. Barry thought Keith might be "not right in the head". Smile (He actually is, but his sense of humor can be a bit wacky sometimes -- like mine!)

Keith got it autographed, then returned it to the library. Thinking back on it, I still find it amusing....

Blake
I brought some library copies to WDW and I was going to have FPW sign them, but I decided against it. Ask Tony. He can vouch for me ..... if he remembers. He thought I was nuts. Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
mike36799   10-24-2005, 03:17 PM
I got into this groove of heading up to the mall, and buying it directly from a Barnes and Noble store inside the mall. It's a fun trip for me, but looking at their website it looks like you can order it now, and they are saying that it ships usually within 24 hours. Amazon is saying it is not yet available, but all B&N is stating is the publish date is in Nov 2005. If you can still purchase this via internet, is it more of a trickery tactic where you are put into a waiting list?
Paul R   10-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Ossicle Wrote:Schmuck-like, I'm still waiting on Amazon, from which it is not yet available.
I'm also waiting on the Amazon edition. This is how I get most of my FPW books. Living in Sunny England, it's pretty much the only way... unless I want to spend mega-bucks on limited editions (which I do sometimes, but not often.)
Biggles   10-24-2005, 07:49 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I brought some library copies to WDW and I was going to have FPW sign them, but I decided against it. Ask Tony. He can vouch for me ..... if he remembers. He thought I was nuts. Big Grin

I do remember, but then I always thought you were nuts. Wink

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
XiaoYu   10-24-2005, 10:33 PM
Been waiting ever since I finished Crisscross to get my hands on Infernal...can't wait to read it! I'm going the Amazon.com route too, unless my library gets it first.

[SIZE="1"]To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." -- Sun Zi
===========================
[COLOR="Green"]Django: This is the way things are; you can't change nature.
Remy: Change IS nature, Dad. The part that we can influence. And it starts when we decide.
Django: Where are you going?
Remy: With luck, forward.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"]"The thing I treasure most in life / Cannot be taken away..."[/SIZE]
Pages (3):    1 2 3