Pages (2):    1 2
Susan   10-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Maggers Wrote:Me, too! And I am still laughing, so the series has not gone south as I feared it might. You have to listen closely, there are so many wonderful throw away lines. I love Ricky Gervais' conversations with his blonde extra buddy. They are priceless.

Maggers, if I start watching Extras now, will I know what's going on? How many episodes have passed since it started?

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
Maggers   10-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Susan Wrote:Maggers, if I start watching Extras now, will I know what's going on? How many episodes have passed since it started?

Susan

By all means, jump in now. Each episode is free standing. You missed 4; there are only 2 news ones left.

Do you have HBO on demand? If you do, then you can go back and watch them all. I did that last night and it was even better. There are so many softly spoken throw away lines that are screamingly funny, you can watch 2 or 3 times and laugh like a maniac every time.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Dave   09-15-2006, 08:17 AM
First episode of the second series was on last night.

Really funny. Orlando Bloom was great.

A lot of jokes are very British culture based, I can't imagine how it would translate, for instance the second celebrity is Keith Chegwin who does a fantastic turn as a racist, sexist, homophobe, and is so much funnier because we all grew up with Cheggers on our TV, the rest of the world won't have a clue who he is.

Great start, I hope the rest of the series stays on form like that.

Dave
Kenji   09-15-2006, 08:40 AM
A few days ago, I saw 58th Emmy Awards on cable channel, and I saw some scenes of Extras. Now I really want to see this show!
Maggers   09-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Maggers Wrote:... I loved when his lumpen friend points to the tombstone and says..."Look here. Your mum died in 1953. So....how old are you?"

And Ricky Gervais says, with one of his priceless looks first to his blonde extra buddy and then back to the tombstone, "Hmm..yes..ummm..Well, that would make me 52...Yeah, I'm 52 years old and a jew."

Here it is one year later. I read my post and laughed out loud again. That scene is perfect and slays me every time I think of it.

I can't wait till we get the second season here in the US.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

ccosborne3   12-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Just saw the preview for the upcoming season on HBO.

January.

Rome too.
cobalt   12-03-2006, 11:23 PM
I laughed so hard that I missed some of the jokes. Thank the heavens I recorded it....so I could go back and laugh again!

EWMAN
ccosborne3   01-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Loved the song by David Bowie in the second episode.

it's a snappy tune.
Pages (2):    1 2