Kenji   09-25-2005, 03:09 AM
Just now, I watched The Punisher. It's not Thomas Jane's film. Maybe I guess some people saw Dolph Lundgren's version. I've never seen this before.

Actually, I didn't like Dolf Lundgren ever. But this "The Punisher" was good. Maybe this is his best movie. Thomas Jane's action was very smooth and speedy. On the other hand, Dolf Lundgren's action was very heavy and powerful. I like both of them, but I rather prefer new version. But if I didn't see T. Jane's The Punisher, I couldn't see this old version. I even didn't know this old version. :o

Which do you like, 1989 version and remake?
jimbow8   09-25-2005, 04:04 AM
I didn't like either version actually. I did like Kevin Nash's character in the new version, but that was about it.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
the Oracle   01-31-2006, 03:45 PM
I liked both. I love the original, because he is my favorite comic character. But, when the new one came out, it has taken the original's place as best Punisher movie.

I like Thomas Jane and think he did a good job buffing up for this role. In a response to Men's Health when asked if he would keep up his regiment of workouts, he replied, "Hell no!"

(-:

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
peachynat   01-31-2006, 04:05 PM
I haven't seen the orginal, but I loved the recent one. And Thomas Jane did a great job "buffing up"... Smile
Kenji   02-01-2006, 07:11 AM
peachynat Wrote:I haven't seen the orginal, but I loved the recent one. And Thomas Jane did a great job "buffing up"... Smile

Original version's The Punisher was heavy action movie. Dolf Lundgren is huge guy. He can't move faster than Thomas Jane! Anyway, if you have opportunity, check it out. Compare them and enjoy. Wink
The Mad American   02-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Kenji Wrote:Original version's The Punisher was heavy action movie. Dolf Lundgren is huge guy. He can't move faster than Thomas Jane! Anyway, if you have opportunity, check it out. Compare them and enjoy. Wink

The only thing I don't like about the original and Dolph Lundgren movies in general is he always seems to be mumbling his dialogue....drives me cookooo for coco puffs.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Gerald Rice   02-01-2006, 04:11 PM
The Mad American Wrote:The only thing I don't like about the original and Dolph Lundgren movies in general is he always seems to be mumbling his dialogue....drives me cookooo for coco puffs.

It's that crazy accent of his shining through just enough to remind you the guy's not American. I would say Dolph was probably too big to play the Punisher, but he did a fine job, regardless. And for a direct to video movie, at least I think it was, it was very good. My only complaint is around that time DL did a lot of movies in the vein of good guy vs. the Yakuza. It got a little tiresome.
the Oracle   02-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Gerald Rice Wrote:It's that crazy accent of his shining through just enough to remind you the guy's not American. I would say Dolph was probably too big to play the Punisher, but he did a fine job, regardless. And for a direct to video movie, at least I think it was, it was very good. My only complaint is around that time DL did a lot of movies in the vein of good guy vs. the Yakuza. It got a little tiresome.
Showdown in Little Tokyo... I dug it though and thought that Brandon Lee did a good job. Although some of the one-liners were HORRIBLE!

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart