Pages (2): 1 2   
Marc   09-22-2005, 11:18 AM
So... what did you think? The guy that was in the quarantined area was a surprised but not the revelation of who he was. I want to know what this light was that shot out of hatch.

I still hope this isn't some sort of passage to heaven tale. With all the memories they're reliving I can't help but think this may end up being a "life flashing before the eyes" story which will really bum me out.
Scott Hajek   09-22-2005, 11:28 AM
Marc B. Wrote:So... what did you think? The guy that was in the quarantined area was a surprised but not the revelation of who he was. I want to know what this light was that shot out of hatch.

I still hope this isn't some sort of passage to heaven tale. With all the memories they're reliving I can't help but think this may end up being a "life flashing before the eyes" story which will really bum me out.

There are several ways this show can end up being a major disappointment. Your "life flashing before the eyes" theory, or it's all Walt's imagination would both suck in a major way.

But, until they screw it up, they are going to screw with the viewers each week. I don't think there will be many episodes where there isn't some major cliffhanger.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
dejo   09-22-2005, 04:41 PM
LOST. Is this the show's title or how I feel after watching each episode? Wink
Lisa   09-22-2005, 04:56 PM
I was really surprised by the guy LIVING in the ground under the hatch. :eek: I am really curious what's up with that.

Is Walt dead? What Shannon saw looked like his drowning ghost. Unless she's just psychic or something. That was weird.

Lisa
Susan   09-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Lisa Wrote:I was really surprised by the guy LIVING in the ground under the hatch. :eek: I am really curious what's up with that.

Is Walt dead? What Shannon saw looked like his drowning ghost. Unless she's just psychic or something. That was weird.

Lisa

I was all cornfused after watching the premiere. I don't know what is up with the Walt apparition. I don't think Shannong is psychic, though. She's too dumb to be psychic. LOL

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
neotank   09-22-2005, 09:19 PM
I wait eight months to see what's down that bleeping hatch, and it's nothing more then just a bleeping set from some bleepin seventies after school bleeping special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAARRRGGHHH!!!!

Actually I thought it was a really good episode, although I think the doc is getting a little over dramatic, and the lord of the rings elf dude is just plain ol' annoying.
Scott Hajek   09-23-2005, 11:15 AM
neotank Wrote:...although I think the doc is getting a little over dramatic...

But you've gotta love the "hair band" wig for the flashbacks.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
DaveStrorm   09-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:But you've gotta love the "hair band" wig for the flashbacks.

All I could think of the whole episode was "That thing looks soooo stupid."

I still want to know what the deal is with the numbers. Have we seen the last of them? Surely they don't "end" at the hatch. Why were they printed on it? I'm also anxious to find out what happened to Sawyer, Michael and Jin. I was a little surprised we didn't see them at all.
jimbow8   09-23-2005, 03:39 PM
I didn't see all of the shows last year, so I am not up to speed on all of the backgrounds. My theory, therefore, may be way off base.

All I kept thinking was that possibly each person's fear or insecurity was somehow being manifested on/by the island.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
BrettM   09-24-2005, 12:43 AM
Usually a quarantine notice is put on the side of a door that faces the non-quarantined area. If the quarantine sign was on the inside of the hatch, maybe it's the island itself that is quarantined, and Desmond was in a clean area. [Cue eerie music...]

*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.
Pages (2): 1 2