Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 6 7   
Susan   09-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Maggers Wrote:At work today I received official correspondence from an arm of Scientology that looks into what they perceive as malfeasance on the part of psychiatrists. They were totally wrong and were using misinformation to support their statements. I can't say more than that in this forum.

But the most upsetting thing was to look at the list of people on the masthead of this organization. JASON LEE WAS ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap!! I thought maybe it was just another guy with the same name, but according to this web site, it's the actor from My Name is Earl! Ugh.

http://www.scientology-kills.org/celebri...rities.htm

Susan

FPW Stores:
A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world. ~ Oscar Wilde

Insanity in individuals is something rare -- but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule.~Nietzche
neotank   09-22-2005, 09:44 PM
I hate to be negative on message boards... But I have to say that I was VERY dissapointed with Invasion. I've been pumped up to watch this show since 3 months ago when they started showing little clips of it. You know, the 'you smell different' line. A very good way to get you drawn in. But then I watched it...

Ok here goes.
First off I do not like ANY of the characters on the show. The park Ranger is Mr. Cool Poker Guy, he just doesn't seem like a real person. He's like some guy ripped out of a Budwieser commercial. The other cop, the guy married to the blonde doctor, mine as well have a neon sign over his head that says 'I'm the bad guy, look at my mean face grrrr'. And of course don't forget you have to have the spooky talking girl and the 'fat beer drinking conpiracy guy' that no one believes.

It just seemed like they threw too many cookie cutter characters at me for me to like any of them. The dialogue was flat, the acting stiff, and what was up with the hurricane? I expected a little more then a broken window.

But I will say that the show still has potential. If they can breathe some life into the characters and get the tension going, then hopefully I will change my tune.

But it kinda seems like the Tv people were like, "Hey, 'Lost' sure is good, lets make another show where bad things happen to people but they have no idea what it is'."

I figured a show called invasion would be about alien invasion. A lot of action, Sci Fi, fast paced... But I have a feeling this will be a show where you don't know what's what... is it aliens? Is it the government? Is it Blah blah blah.

Screw it I'll watch V
Maggers   09-22-2005, 11:38 PM
Susan Wrote:Holy crap!! I thought maybe it was just another guy with the same name, but according to this web site, it's the actor from My Name is Earl! Ugh.

http://www.scientology-kills.org/celebri...rities.htm

Susan

I KNOW!!!! Horrible, or maybe just horribly stupid. Jenna Elfman was also listed on the mastheard.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   09-26-2005, 11:02 AM
I read this topic. And I ENVY you all! Big Grin

Still, here in Japan, we're watching "ALIAS 2nd season", "CSI;Miami 1st season", "The Sopranos 2nd season", "Enterprise 1st season", "Babylon 5 2nd season". "Tru Calling 1st season".

I want to see "Supernatural" ASAP!
neotank   09-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Kenji Wrote:I read this topic. And I ENVY you all! Big Grin

Still, here in Japan, we're watching "ALIAS 2nd season", "CSI;Miami 1st season", "The Sopranos 2nd season", "Enterprise 1st season", "Babylon 5 2nd season". "Tru Calling 1st season".

I want to see "Supernatural" ASAP!

LOL is the X files still going on over there?
Kenji   09-27-2005, 08:16 AM
neotank Wrote:LOL is the X files still going on over there?

No!!! It's too old! Big Grin
Terry Willacker   09-27-2005, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=Kenji]I read this topic. And I ENVY you all! Big Grin

Actually, Kenji, I envy you. That sounds like a better season than we are having, especially Tru Calling and Babylon 5.
Kenji   10-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Last week, I got cable channels. So now I can see a lot of American&England TV series. Some of new, some of old. But to me those are new TV.

The Outer Limits(new version).....I like it. It's very high quality. Now broadcasting season 4. Ugh! I couldn't see season1,2,3... Sad

Melrose Place.....This is fun. It reminded me of Beverly Hills "something". It's just started from first season. Good timing! I watched first and second episode. I'll continue to see it.

Nip/Tuck.....Yes it is! Nip/Tuck! Everybody's talking about this, so I saw it,too. I couldn't see first 8 episodes, but...yeah, pretty good show.

The Simpsons.....Until now, I bought DVD box-set. But I quit. Because I can see it everyday! I can't imagine my life without The Simpsons anymore. Big Grin

Everybody loves Raymond.....I just watched Emmy awards, and I realized missed "Everybody loves Raymond". Looks fun! I'll see it from tomorrow, right away.

Point Pleasant.....It'll start from this Friday. I'm looking forward to it.

Lost.....At last, I can see it from this Saturday! I heard about just finished first season in U.S.A. And I know this is Emmy award winner. Actually, I wanted to see this, so I got cable channels! Big Grin
This post was last modified: 10-11-2005, 11:11 AM by Kenji.
t4terrific   10-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Kenji Wrote:Last week, I got cable channels. So now I can see a lot of American&England TV series. Some of new, some of old. But to me those are new TV.

The Outer Limits(new version).....I like it. It's very high quality. Now broadcasting season 4. Ugh! I couldn't see season1,2,3... Sad

Melrose Place.....This is fun. It reminded me of Beverly Hills "something". It's just started from first season. Good timing! I watched first and second episode. I'll continue to see it.

Nip/Tuck.....Yes it is! Nip/Tuck! Everybody's talking about this, so I saw it,too. I couldn't see first 8 episodes, but...yeah, pretty good show.

The Simpsons.....Until now, I bought DVD box-set. But I quit. Because I can see it everyday! I can't imagine my life without The Simpsons anymore. Big Grin

Everybody loves Raymond.....I just watched Emmy awards, and I realized missed "Everybody loves Raymond". Looks fun! I'll see it from tomorrow, right away.

Point Pleasant.....It'll start from this Friday. I'm looking forward to it.

Lost.....At last, I can see it from this Saturday! I heard about just finished first season in U.S.A. And I know this is Emmy award winner. Actually, I wanted to see this, so I got cable channels! Big Grin

It sounds like you're going to be very busy for a while!!
Kenji   10-13-2005, 09:52 AM
t4terrific Wrote:It sounds like you're going to be very busy for a while!!

Yeah, that's a little problem. Well, I like TV series. But....

This evening, I watched "Melrose Place(2 episodes)", "The Outer Limits(new)", "Everybody loves Raymond", "The Simpsons(2 episodes)".

See? I have not much time, but I want to see a lot of shows. Rolleyes
Pages (7):    1 2 3 4 5 6 7