fpw   10-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Anyone seen this? I'm not sure if I liked it or hated it.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   10-09-2005, 10:16 AM
fpw Wrote:Anyone seen this? I'm not sure if I liked it or hated it.

What was your FF button? Big Grin
fpw   10-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Kenji Wrote:What was your FF button? Big Grin

About 3.5. I saw it in two sittings. It ran 2 hours which, for me, was about 30 minutes too long. James Gandolfini was good though. And the lead bad guy -- Javier Bardem -- had great presence.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Maggers   10-09-2005, 01:12 PM
fpw Wrote:About 3.5. I saw it in two sittings. It ran 2 hours which, for me, was about 30 minutes too long. James Gandolfini was good though. And the lead bad guy -- Javier Bardem -- had great presence.

I haven't seen this. Now I might, but having Rosie Perez as the female lead is enough to turn me away. She has an...unusual..voice. To me it's like listenng to nails on a blackboard. Plus I don't think she's that much of an actress.

But, Javier Bardem is a HUNK and a very fine actor. And Gandolfini is always fun to watch.

So, FPW, have you made up your mind about whether you loved it or hated it? I have to admit, I haven't been able to follow your rating method; I can't tell at a glance where 3.5 stands on your scale. I must be simple. I need something easily understood like 4 stars out of 5 or thumbs up or down.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

t4terrific   10-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Maggers Wrote:I haven't seen this. Now I might, but having Rosie Perez as the female lead is enough to turn me away. She has an...unusual..voice. To me it's like listenng to nails on a blackboard. Plus I don't think she's that much of an actress.

But, Javier Bardem is a HUNK and a very fine actor. And Gandolfini is always fun to watch.

So, FPW, have you made up your mind about whether you loved it or hated it? I have to admit, I haven't been able to follow your rating method; I can't tell at a glance where 3.5 stands on your scale. I must be simple. I need something easily understood like 4 stars out of 5 or thumbs up or down.

How many blondes does it take to give a movie 5 thumbs up? Big Grin
Maggers   10-09-2005, 01:28 PM
t4terrific Wrote:How many blondes does it take to give a movie 5 thumbs up? Big Grin

Duh....unhhh...ummmm.....Gee, I'm a redhead. I don't have to answer that! Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

t4terrific   10-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Maggers Wrote:Duh....unhhh...ummmm.....Gee, I'm a redhead. I don't have to answer that! Big Grin
Big Grin .