fpw   09-08-2005, 10:29 AM
I thought this might be suitable for Bad Movie Night (which means it’s so bad it’s fun) but this one’s just terrible. Screenwriter Larry Cohen (Phone Booth, Cellular, and a zillion other scripts) on autopilot. A little bit Valentines Day, a little bit Prom Night, a lot Maniac Cop (another Larry Cohen creation – Maniac Cop 3 is one of my guilty pleasures) but lacking the verve and sense of mischief. A couple of somewhat imaginative murders, but mostly deadly dull.

FF= 7 (finger glued to the FF button between the murders)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
jimbow8   09-08-2005, 10:45 AM
fpw Wrote:I thought this might be suitable for Bad Movie Night (which means it’s so bad it’s fun) but this one’s just terrible. Screenwriter Larry Cohen (Phone Booth, Cellular, and a zillion other scripts) on autopilot. A little bit Valentines Day, a little bit Prom Night, a lot Maniac Cop (another Larry Cohen creation – Maniac Cop 3 is one of my guilty pleasures) but lacking the verve and sense of mischief. A couple of somewhat imaginative murders, but mostly deadly dull.

FF= 7 (finger glued to the FF button between the murders)
This is SO funny. I LITERALLY just posted about this movie on my other board. I was asking if my friend had yet seen this movie which I watched and reviewed several months ago. Unfortunately that review was lost because of technical problems which wiped out the entire board - after 7 years.

This movie is just god-awful - and not in a good way. Although the cannon at the end was kinda funny! :p I originally saw this movie in Best Buy and the description sounded so promising (for a bad-movie as you say) that I HAD to see it.

[indent]He lost his life in a helicopter crash during the Gulf War, but soldier Sam Harper (David Shark Fralick) is anything but dead now. Rising from the grave, Sam focuses all his anger and violence on his latest mission: taking out anyone who's crossed the U.S. government -- draft dodgers, flag burners, corrupt corporals, tax cheats and more. The action -- naturally -- takes place on the Fourth of July in this combo anti-war satire/slasher flick.[/indent]

How could this movie not be "GREAT"? But no, they %$#@ed it all up! Big Grin

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft