fpw   08-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Be Cool.

How bad is this film? The Rock steals the acting trophy, that's how bad. Padded with music videos and an extended, boring dance sequence between Travolta and Uma. (Trying to recapture the Pulp Fiction magic, I suppose. Sorry -- uh-uh.)

FF= 4.5 -- I stuck it out only because I have a thing for Uma and because I'd read the novel and thought I owed it to Elmore. (We're even, dude. Like totally.)

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Kenji   08-23-2005, 11:16 AM
fpw Wrote:Be Cool.

How bad is this film? The Rock steals the acting trophy, that's how bad. Padded with music videos and an extended, boring dance sequence between Travolta and Uma. (Trying to recapture the Pulp Fiction magic, I suppose. Sorry -- uh-uh.)

FF= 4.5 -- I stuck it out only because I have a thing for Uma and because I'd read the novel and thought I owed it to Elmore. (We're even, dude. Like totally.)

Really it was bad? I intended to go to theater to see it next month....

Well, anyway after I saw it, I speak my thoughts.
The Mad American   08-23-2005, 11:53 AM

I agree strongly with this rating. Very very bad movie. I don't even remember laughing while watching this. Well, maybe a sad, I can't believe I just paid money to watch this laugh.

"No other success can compensate for failure in the home." D.O. McKay

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
~ Red Buttons

Too literal? I'm sorry you feel I have a Literal Agenda!

Kenji   09-03-2005, 02:33 AM
Today, I went to theater see "Be Cool".

I confess.........While I was watching this, I couldn't stop a laugh. I know, I know, I am insane, maybe. Okay, call me insane. :p But I like this movie.

Except me, audiences were only five men..... Rolleyes
t4terrific   09-03-2005, 08:16 AM
Kenji Wrote:Today, I went to theater see "Be Cool".

I confess.........While I was watching this, I couldn't stop a laugh. I know, I know, I am insane, maybe. Okay, call me insane. :p But I like this movie.

Except me, audiences were only five men..... Rolleyes

I liked it too. It wasn't "Get Shorty" good, but it was worth some good laughs. Vince Vaugn and The Rock were terrific!! I always like to see Uma too.

Travolta is starting to get on my nerves though. I think he needs to start hitting the straight to video scene for a while again till he can come up with another fresh persona (in about 10 more years).
neotank   09-03-2005, 11:03 AM
I thought Be Cool was prolly the worst movie I've rented this year. How do you train wreck a movie with that cast?

And what was up with the whole Aerosmith thing? Just a bad movie all the way around.

But I must say.... I liked daredevil LOL
Jay #1   09-05-2005, 04:06 AM
All I can say is that when I watched it in the theater, I was in a funk. I was looking for corny comedy, a movie based on a book written a few years before someone decided to make a movie about it, and the same dang plot without deviation that the book had.