xmradiodave   08-31-2005, 04:51 PM
I rented a movie called "Irreversible" the other day. It is a French movie (didn't use the word film because it is shot apparently on DV). This is quite possibly one of the most disturbing films I have seen in quite some time. If you do not mind subtitles andif you want to have a sleepless night, I reccommend this movie. It is not a horror film, but some of the scenes are quite horrifying. The film plays out from the end to the begining, much in the way Christopher Nolans "Memento" does.

Irreversible stars the lovely Monica Bellucci as Alex, a victim of a violent crime that leads to her death. Her boyfriend with the help of her best friend, team up with two thugs in an attempt to track down and kill the man responsible for Alex's death.

The movie is not for the squemish, as it is very vulgar, violent, and unsettling. If you are the type of film viewer that is perfectly okay with watching a mans face get smashed repeatedly with the bottom ridge of a fire extinguisher than this movie is definitely up your alley.

The movie is available from both Netflix and Blockbuster Video online.

Further information is available HERE

You have been warned.

[Image: logo2.jpg]

I put the laughter in manslaughter
jimbow8   08-31-2005, 05:15 PM
But does it have a COWBELL??

I actually have this in my queue, but your review is making me think twice.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Marc   08-31-2005, 08:59 PM
It's a very hard movie to sit through but am amazing film nonetheless. If you watch it just be prepared to cover your eyes.