jimbow8   08-31-2005, 09:29 AM
***SPOILER ALERT***

I finally saw this movie the other night. I thought it was really good. I knew the (very) general story concept but was pleasantly surprised that it involved quite a bit more. I has assumed that the movie would end with the escape and that would be it.

This movie had a really good feel to it. The effects are surprisingly good for the time, and the acting was very good. I recommend this to any Sci-Fi fans who may have let this slip by.

BTW, when did the MPAA rating change THAT much? This movie is rated PG, yet contains full nudity which would today be at least R.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Kenji   08-31-2005, 09:46 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:***SPOILER ALERT***

I finally saw this movie the other night. I thought it was really good. I knew the (very) general story concept but was pleasantly surprised that it involved quite a bit more. I has assumed that the movie would end with the escape and that would be it.

This movie had a really good feel to it. The effects are surprisingly good for the time, and the acting was very good. I recommend this to any Sci-Fi fans who may have let this slip by.

BTW, when did the MPAA rating change THAT much? This movie is rated PG, yet contains full nudity which would today be at least R.

I saw Logan's Run too. It was a long time ago. But still I remember the detail. Very good movie.

Japanese title was "2300:trip to the future". Rolleyes
Jake Badlands   09-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Saw this for the first time just a couple months ago on TV. Not bad! I generally don't like this generation's sci-fi movies, but this one is definitely an exception. Really liked the conception behind the colony; it seemed quite original.

I'd recommend an oddball flick called Zardoz also to anyone who liked Logan's Run. Rather weird, especially for its time, but quite a good sci-fi as well.
Keith the Elder   09-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Jake Badlands Wrote:Saw this for the first time just a couple months ago on TV. Not bad! I generally don't like this generation's sci-fi movies, but this one is definitely an exception. Really liked the conception behind the colony; it seemed quite original.

I'd recommend an oddball flick called Zardoz also to anyone who liked Logan's Run. Rather weird, especially for its time, but quite a good sci-fi as well.

Zardoz is fantastic and Charlotte Rampling ain't to shabby

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Kenji   09-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Jake Badlands Wrote:I'd recommend an oddball flick called Zardoz also to anyone who liked Logan's Run. Rather weird, especially for its time, but quite a good sci-fi as well.

Zardoz! Oh yeah, somebody said "Dated movie". Who was that......?Big Grin
DaveStrorm   09-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Info on the remake from comingsoon.net . . .

Quote:

A Few Logan's Run Details

Source: [size=2][size=2]Edward Douglas [/size][/size]
July 16, 2005

During his Superman Returns panel at Comic-Con International, director Bryan Singer answered a question from the audience about his remake of the '70s sci-fi film Logan's Run, which he will proceed to after finishing Superman Returns next year.

Apparently, the film is already in the design phase, and he said that his movie will be a mix of the book, the original film as well as his own stuff and confirmed that the palm crystals and the concept of "Renewal" will remain in his version.