Ashrael   08-28-2005, 10:13 PM
First edition hardback, p322, 2nd paragraph, last sentance:

"The sun hadn could dog your steps all day long and you'd never notice him."[sic]

It continues from there with a new paragraph that seems to come from Nightworld (also 1st edition, p57, para 4-5 under 2nd section), ending with:

"A toughness, a resolve to see a task through to the end. He oom and stared in shock."[sic]

Can anyone else verify typo this for me, or is my copy fubar (and, perhaps, rarer for it)?

Thanks.
t4terrific   08-28-2005, 10:22 PM
Ashrael Wrote:First edition hardback, p322, 2nd paragraph, last sentance:

"The sun hadn could dog your steps all day long and you'd never notice him."[sic]

It continues from there with a new paragraph that seems to come from Nightworld (also 1st edition, p57, para 4-5 under 2nd section), ending with:

"A toughness, a resolve to see a task through to the end. He oom and stared in shock."[sic]

Can anyone else verify typo this for me, or is my copy fubar (and, perhaps, rarer for it)?

Thanks.

Sorry, I only have the NEL HC. It doesn't match at all. It talks about RJ and Kolabati.
Marc   08-28-2005, 11:23 PM
I don't remember the story exactly but I believe when Paul was writing Nightworld he had a computer glitch and a section of Nightworld ended up in Reprisal. This has been discussed before but I couldn't find the original thread. Maybe someone can go into greater detail.
Blake   08-29-2005, 02:00 AM
It's in Aphew's FAQ under the "Errata" section. It gets asked often enough that it should probably be in the FAQ here, too.

Blake

Please support Friends of Washoe.
Ashrael   08-29-2005, 07:06 AM
Blake Wrote:It's in Aphew's FAQ under the "Errata" section.
Excellent. More than anything else, I was curious what I'd missed. Since the errata has the correction, I'm up to speed now. Thanks. Smile

Oh, and regarding that FAQ, RJ video game? Wouldn't that end up a bit like Hitman meets Silent Hill? Though, having played games like Alice I can say with certainty that being able, for once, to step up to the plate and splatter a monster would be a welcome change to constant puzzle solving. Heh.

Q: How do I find the Semmerling?
A: Go left. Go left again. Go left some more. I know it says you can't go left. Trust me ...
This post was last modified: 08-29-2005, 07:10 AM by Ashrael.
Marc   08-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Blake Wrote:It's in Aphew's FAQ under the "Errata" section. It gets asked often enough that it should probably be in the FAQ here, too.

I thought I remembered seeing it somewhere.
Biggles   08-29-2005, 07:22 PM
Ashrael Wrote:First edition hardback, p322, 2nd paragraph, last sentance:

Thanks.

That's in mine too! I've never read it, because I originally read the PB many moons ago.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"