KRW   08-20-2005, 10:22 PM
You knew it was gonna happen folks, (and you probably knew it would be me doing it) but it's time for a critique on this flick! Big Grin

First off, I shunned about everything I could by way of spoilers,ads,articles, trailers,etc., so I could keep an open mind. (well as open as my mind gets!)
Just before the movie they showed a behind the scences blurb about, you gussed it, The Dukes Of Hazzard and how it was made! Needless to say I was pissed! I even made the comment, we should leave now because we just watched the best parts of the movie! Luckily, cooler heads prevailed. That and we had already spent almost enough money to fill up the car!

Well I didn't go into this movie expecting great acting, I went for nostalgia. And loved it! It was great way to spend a saturday afternoon. Some great car chase scenes and to see the General Lee Flying again, bliss! I will say Boss Hogg and Roscoe are a bit meaner and nastier than in the series, but it worked well in the movie. Gave a great dark side. Bo was a bit dumber and crazier than I remeberd and Luke was not as resourceful. Daisey was hotter, if that's possible and Jessie finally says it like it is!

Go into the movie with an attitude of just having fun and you'l walk away with a smile!

KRW
Flinx   08-21-2005, 07:52 AM
On another message board I visit, the reviewer totally bagged it.

So I'll try to keep an open mind about it.

I know from the previews that there was some poor continuity concerning the General Lee, hopefully this is only in the previews.
law dawg   08-21-2005, 09:24 AM
KRW Wrote:You knew it was gonna happen folks, (and you probably knew it would be me doing it) but it's time for a critique on this flick! Big Grin

First off, I shunned about everything I could by way of spoilers,ads,articles, trailers,etc., so I could keep an open mind. (well as open as my mind gets!)
Just before the movie they showed a behind the scences blurb about, you gussed it, The Dukes Of Hazzard and how it was made! Needless to say I was pissed! I even made the comment, we should leave now because we just watched the best parts of the movie! Luckily, cooler heads prevailed. That and we had already spent almost enough money to fill up the car!

Well I didn't go into this movie expecting great acting, I went for nostalgia. And loved it! It was great way to spend a saturday afternoon. Some great car chase scenes and to see the General Lee Flying again, bliss! I will say Boss Hogg and Roscoe are a bit meaner and nastier than in the series, but it worked well in the movie. Gave a great dark side. Bo was a bit dumber and crazier than I remeberd and Luke was not as resourceful. Daisey was hotter, if that's possible and Jessie finally says it like it is!

Go into the movie with an attitude of just having fun and you'l walk away with a smile!

KRW

I laughed my ass off many different times and there were some truly awesome car chases with incredible driving.

Daisy, oh Daisy.....Wink
KRW   08-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Flinx Wrote:I know from the previews that there was some poor continuity concerning the General Lee, hopefully this is only in the previews.

At the beggining there is some problems with the General, but let Crazy Cooter get hold of it! Problem solved! It's not the same set and not the same actors, but it WAS the Dukes. Hope you like it!

KRW
KRW   08-21-2005, 08:27 PM
law dawg Wrote:I laughed my ass off many different times and there were some truly awesome car chases with incredible driving.

Daisy, oh Daisy.....Wink

Did you stay around to watch the bloopers at the end? The Governor couldn't keep his eyes off of that rack! Big Grin
I heard those guys took a course on driving for this movie. They didn't grow up where we did or they would know how to drive on those roads. We "did" only jump a car once though, that gets expensive! And the walk back to town sucks!
I loved the bar fight, which had to be, because the Dukes always get in a fight in the Boars Nest.

KRW
Flinx   08-22-2005, 08:54 AM
KRW Wrote:At the beggining there is some problems with the General, but let Crazy Cooter get hold of it! Problem solved! It's not the same set and not the same actors, but it WAS the Dukes. Hope you like it!

KRW
About the poor continuity concerning the General Lee, I meant that in some scenes you could tell different cars were used because the 01 was painted differently. On one car the 0 was a circle & on another the 0 was in the same style as the TV series.
stacyzinda123   08-22-2005, 10:35 AM
I am so sick of hearing about how freakin' hot Jessica Simpson is! Alright, we get it! She's hot, big deal!

Okay, rant over. I'll readily admit she's attractive, but normal humans don't need to hear that every two minutes!
Sam   08-22-2005, 01:07 PM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:I am so sick of hearing about how freakin' hot Jessica Simpson is! Alright, we get it! She's hot, big deal!

Okay, rant over. I'll readily admit she's attractive, but normal humans don't need to hear that every two minutes!

She's hot. (Hey, it's been more than 2 minutes.) Big Grin

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
stacyzinda123   08-22-2005, 02:02 PM
LOL, I should have known something like that was coming Wink
KRW   08-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Flinx Wrote:About the poor continuity concerning the General Lee, I meant that in some scenes you could tell different cars were used because the 01 was painted differently. On one car the 0 was a circle & on another the 0 was in the same style as the TV series.
Minor Spoilers!!!!!!!!

I hate to give away too much, but in the beggining it was a typical redneck vehicle. Beat up, bad paint job that's fading, etc. When cooter gets done with it, that's when we see the General we know and love. They took alot of liberties with the movie, but all in all, I thought they worked. It's kinda like a prequal to the series, set in this time. Yeah I know, that's a paradox. But I still enjoyed it!

KRW

KRW