Kenji   08-14-2005, 04:08 AM
"Capricorn One ". This is good ol' '70s movie. Today I saw this movie on rental DVD. Gosh....When I saw it previously, maybe it was 20 years ago or so! Has anybody seen this movie?

At NASA's Mission Control the first manned space flight to Mars is about to blast off. But as it's three astronauts (JAMES BROLIN, SAM WATERSTON, and O.J.SIMPSON) await their historic journey a mysterious man enters the craft and he said "Get out". He explained that the spacecraft is dangerously flawed. The mission, however, must be seen to go ahead, otherwise the Government will stop funding the space programme. In a TV studio the astronauts are coerced, through threats and bribery to make broadcasts as if they were on Mars.

After that, of course, like always whitewash by governments was waiting for three astronauts. Hal Holbrook as Dr.Kelloway, he has sneaky dark heart.

This movie wasn't made in massive special effect, but this is very good, even now. Especially, two helicopters fly and chase to a small plane, that scene was thrilling.
Richard Kendrick   08-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Kenji Wrote:"Capricorn One ". This is good ol' '70s movie. Today I saw this movie on rental DVD. Gosh....When I saw it previously, maybe it was 20 years ago or so! Has anybody seen this movie?

At NASA's Mission Control the first manned space flight to Mars is about to blast off. But as it's three astronauts (JAMES BROLIN, SAM WATERSTON, and O.J.SIMPSON) await their historic journey a mysterious man enters the craft and he said "Get out". He explained that the spacecraft is dangerously flawed. The mission, however, must be seen to go ahead, otherwise the Government will stop funding the space programme. In a TV studio the astronauts are coerced, through threats and bribery to make broadcasts as if they were on Mars.

After that, of course, like always whitewash by governments was waiting for three astronauts. Hal Holbrook as Dr.Kelloway, he has sneaky dark heart.

This movie wasn't made in massive special effect, but this is very good, even now. Especially, two helicopters fly and chase to a small plane, that scene was thrilling.

Gosh. I have not seen that in years. I used to love that movie when I was kid. I might have to check that out on DVD some time soon.

RIK