lovestigger68   07-28-2005, 12:35 PM
Can someone help us out? My husband and I are confused by the order in which to read these books. My husband has completed all the RJ books up to Crisscross, (I am currently reading that one), then he went onto to read Adversary Cycle and just completed it with Nightworld. We will be getting Infernal soon. His question is sequence of events I believe. I have not read the last 3 adversary cycle books yet, so I am not sure what he speaks to. Do you all?
Thanks, Rose

Rose Murphy
jimbow8   07-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Here is a timeline of the events/books:

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=888]

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
lovestigger68   07-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Hi, thanks for the timeline. I will show that to my husband. It will make more sense to him since he has completed the series.

If I'm seeing it right, is Nightworld actually the end of AC and RJ?
Can you clarify?
Rose

Rose Murphy
Medusa   07-28-2005, 02:20 PM
lovestigger68 Wrote:Hi, thanks for the timeline. I will show that to my husband. It will make more sense to him since he has completed the series.

If I'm seeing it right, is Nightworld actually the end of AC and RJ?
Can you clarify?
Rose
Yes, it is. It's kind of confusing. FPW wrote that after The Tomb and The Keep not intending to write more Jack books. Thank goodness he changed his mind on that! I love Jack! I'm guessing after ALL the Jack Books are done Nightworld will be redone and updated!?

Welcome to the boards!
jimbow8   07-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Yes, Paul has said he is going to update Reprisal/Nightworld. But no post-Nightworld books!

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft