Luis   07-10-2005, 10:53 AM
blue Name is Luis, and I live in Hoboken NJ, an old time reader of RJ! Due to health problems I didn't keep in touch but perhaps some oldies recognize my former name: "Avi".
Have most of the RJ books, mostly hard cover. Smile
Best regards to all and will try to be active this time around.
Luis
Kenji   07-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Luis Wrote:blue Name is Luis, and I live in Hoboken NJ, an old time reader of RJ! Due to health problems I didn't keep in touch but perhaps some oldies recognize my former name: "Avi".
Luis

Welcome the board, Luis. And...welcome back. Smile
Maggers   07-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Luis Wrote:blue Name is Luis, and I live in Hoboken NJ, an old time reader of RJ! Due to health problems I didn't keep in touch but perhaps some oldies recognize my former name: "Avi".
Luis

Hi Luis, welcome to to the board. I hope your health problems are a thing of the past that all is well with you.

I enjoy little trips to Hoboken. I take the ferry from Battery Park to Hoboken and vist a '50's style soda shop on the main street that makes great malts. Great little town.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Luis   07-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Nice to know this is an exceptionally welcoming site!
My health problems are on going, have Multiple Sclerosis and use a power wheelchair had to retire from teaching mathematics after 32 years at BrooklynTech HS.
I guess that reading's helped me to accept and just be resourceful with my day-to-day experiences.
Hugs, will post more later,
Luis Smile
Lisa   07-10-2005, 01:58 PM
Welcome back, Luis. I remember you. Smile Sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope we can help cheer you up a bit.

Lisa
jimbow8   07-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Welcome (back) to the board, Luis. Any math teacher is a friend of mine. :p Sorry to hear about your health problems.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Bluesman Mike Lindner   07-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Luis Wrote:Nice to know this is an exceptionally welcoming site!
My health problems are on going, have Multiple Sclerosis and use a power wheelchair had to retire from teaching mathematics after 32 years at BrooklynTech HS.
I guess that reading's helped me to accept and just be resourceful with my day-to-day experiences.
Hugs, will post more later,
Luis Smile

Luis, I believe a man with the ability to teach math at Brooklyn Tech will do just fine by himself. Welcome Back!
Keith the Elder   07-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Welcome back Luis. I remember you from the old board. We have an interesting little thread going on called HAIKU ANYONE started by Maggers. I gave it a try around post 400 and got hooked. It's now past 2000. Stop on by!!

keith the elder

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
stacyzinda123   07-11-2005, 12:52 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Welcome (back) to the board, Luis. Any math teacher is a friend of mine. :p Sorry to hear about your health problems.
Jimbow-this is off-topic in this thread, but I love your new avatar. Your kitty is beautiful! One of mine is sitting on the subwoofer (sp?) for our computer and looking out the window at the birds flying by. They're lucky there's a window between them!

BTW, welcome to the board Luis!