Marc   07-01-2005, 10:54 PM
From Netflix: The neurological processes and "quantum uncertainty" of life are explored in this film. Thrust from her mundane life into an Alice in Wonderland-like world, Amanda (Marlee Matlin) must develop a brand-new perception of the world and the people she interacts with. Interviews with various experts are interspersed throughout the film, which combines narrative, documentary and animation.

What the Bleep Do We Know!? is presented in laymen terms and is an exciting look at quantum physics and quantum uncertainty. It explores how we as humans influence our surroundings and make certain events happen subconsciously. The film is presented as a narrative drama about one woman's awaking to the world around her and how it works. Mixed in with that is explanations of physics by mystics and scientists.

One of the more interesting elements of the film is learning how the brain works. By that I mean how we sense things, how the brain interprets that information, the neurological pathways these senses take, and how the information is stored to later be remembered. And, through all the possible pathways in the brain, how what you remember is not the same as what happened.

For anyone that is even remotely interested in science, physics, the debate of religion and God versus science, this film is an extremely enjoyable film. I highly recommend it and have to thank Jimbo for recommending it to me.
jimbow8   07-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Marc B. Wrote:For anyone that is even remotely interested in science, physics, the debate of religion and God versus science, this film is an extremely enjoyable film. I highly recommend it and have to thank Jimbo for recommending it to me.
Moi ?!?!?

I've never seen it. Maybe I recommended it to you anyway. :confused:

Oh...and you're welcome.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Marc   07-01-2005, 11:57 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Moi ?!?!?

Huh... I thought it was you. Now I'm scratching my head wondering who. WHO!!!
jimbow8   07-02-2005, 12:11 AM
Marc B. Wrote:Huh... I thought it was you. Now I'm scratching my head wondering who. WHO!!!
Check here maybe:

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...#post52238

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Marc   07-02-2005, 03:49 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Check here maybe:

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...#post52238

Maybe... don't remember. I did get the recommendations for Waco and The Corporation. Also added The Hunting of the President which is a documentary about how the Republican party set out to try and destroy Clinton during his presidency. Looks really good.
Maggers   07-03-2005, 12:49 PM
marc b. Wrote:One of the more interesting elements of the film is learning how the brain works. ....and how the information is stored to later be remembered....how what you remember is not the same as what happened.

jimbow8 Wrote:Moi ?!?!?

Oh...and you're welcome.

That's hysterical, Marc. You just created a perfect example of what the movie portrays...how the brain works and how fragile memory can be.

I will put this movie on the top of my Netflix queue. I love that sort of stuff. I had no idea that's what the movie was about. Thanks, both of you ( :p ) for the head's up!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Maggers   07-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Marc, thanks so much for posting about this movie. Most likely I would have missed it otherwise, and that would have been a loss.

Thought is creative. I create my own reality.

When I first encountered those concepts about 16 year ago they blew my mind. Somehow I got the utter and complete truth of it. It makes perfect sense to me, yet I don't know how I could ever explain it. This movie does a wonderful job of explanation.

Over the past decade, for a variety of pointless reasons, I've moved away from the all-empowering concept of creative thought. The quality of my life has suffered as a result.

Thanks for bringing me back, Marc.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd