Sid and Nancy
Basquiat
Hannibal

I like Gary Oldman in all of these.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   06-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Maggers Wrote:We Think the World of You
Prick Up Your Ears
Sid and Nancy
Basquiat
Hannibal

I like Gary Oldman in all of these.

And, I want to add "Lost in Space" in here.....can't I? Big Grin

Movie itself was not good, but his "Dr.Smith" was funny!
Marc   07-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Including "Bram Stoker's Dracula" and "The Fifth Element"? It was because of these movies that my dislike of Gary Oldman began, but he has redeemed himself. He is acting more now than screaming.

I really enjoyed The Fifth Element. It's campy, yes, but it is so well done. And it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I think Luc Besson (the director) is a genius. Leon the Professional is his crowning achievement so far and even when he makes a flop of a movie (Joan of Arc) it's still not a horrible movie. In fact, I still don't know why Joan of Arc was trashed as badly as it was.

Hmm...
Kenji   07-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Marc B. Wrote:I really enjoyed The Fifth Element. It's campy, yes, but it is so well done. And it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I think Luc Besson (the director) is a genius. Leon the Professional is his crowning achievement so far and even when he makes a flop of a movie (Joan of Arc) it's still not a horrible movie. In fact, I still don't know why Joan of Arc was trashed as badly as it was.

Hmm...

I agree with you. I like all Luc Besson's movies except "Wasabi". "The 5th Element" had good visual concept. It was very....France-like.

And, yes, "Joan of Ark" is one of my favorite movies.
Pages (2):    1 2