Pages (9):    1 2 3 4 5 9   
willowz   11-29-2005, 04:21 PM
JonHook Wrote:I'm so looking forward to these comics.

I'm reading The Keep now, I'm about 3/4 of the way through, and its one of the best horror novels I've ever read.

I am a huge fan of H. P. Lovecraft's work, and I can definitely see his muse working through F Paul in this novel.

Fantastic work, sir, I'm enjoying it greatly! Big Grin
I just finished re reading it it is the best, and i can hardley wait for the comic, or graphic novel, i have to call and order it immediatley.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wheeeeeeeeeeeee Big Grin
jaybird   12-01-2005, 01:19 PM
I got it! I got it! I finally got my copy of The Keep mini-series #2 yesterday. The store was out of #1 and had to order it. The girl in charge of ordering said I should have my copy of #1 and my copy of Doomed by next Wed. I am using the limits of my self control not to read #2 before I get #1. I did peek at the inside. I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!!!!
fpw   12-01-2005, 02:15 PM
jaybird Wrote:I got it! I got it! I finally got my copy of The Keep mini-series #2 yesterday. The store was out of #1 and had to order it. The girl in charge of ordering said I should have my copy of #1 and my copy of Doomed by next Wed. I am using the limits of my self control not to read #2 before I get #1. I did peek at the inside. I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!!!!!

Stay calm. Take deep breaths. Help is on the way.

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
fpw   12-01-2005, 07:52 PM
review from Rue Morgue magazine:

"Kudos to IDW for the inspired idea of getting a respected horror fiction author to adapt his own work...Decidedly Mignolaesque art establishes a surperb, shadowy atmosphere...Judicious spot colouring makes the castle's every corner suitably cold and foreboding, the dialogue is snappy, and Wilson's pacing in the first two issues is tremendous: he deftly juggles multiple characters and understands the value of a good cliffhanger in the seralized comic format."

FPW
FAQ
"It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.
Scott Hajek   12-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Very nice words about a great book!

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
jaybird   12-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Okay. Deep breaths. .............. Its not helping!!!!! Im going to pee my drawers!!! Hurry up. Im busting at the seams. I gotta have it. I cant wait any longer. I wonder,if I camp out in front of the store will it get here any faster? Sad
Bluesman Mike Lindner   12-05-2005, 07:00 PM
jaybird Wrote:Okay. Deep breaths. .............. Its not helping!!!!! Im going to pee my drawers!!! Hurry up. Im busting at the seams. I gotta have it. I cant wait any longer. I wonder,if I camp out in front of the store will it get here any faster? Sad

Probably not, Jaybird. But I bet your state cops get there pretty fast. "All right, men--another one of the Wilson Gang is making his stand. Take no chances!"
Biggles   12-05-2005, 10:19 PM
fpw Wrote:(I thought I'd posted this but can't find it. Here's another go)
\
For Immediate Release

Noted Horror Writer Invites Readers Into The Keep.

San Diego, CA (June 21, 2005) The keep had stood empty in the Transylvanian Alps for some 500 years. No one knew who built it, or why. But on the eve of WW II, German soldiers moved in and awoke something—something hungry… something more merciless than the SS einsatzkommandos accompanying them. Author F. Paul Wilson, the creator behind the Adversary Cycle series and Repairman series, adapts his own New York Times bestselling novel. He is joined by artist Matthew Smith (Hellboy) on the first installment of the story that the Providence Journal called, “A battle between good and evil that staggers the imagination, with an ending as exciting as any horror fan could wish!”

Available in September, The Keep #1 will be the first issue of a five-issue miniseries.

About IDW Publishing
IDW PUBLISHING is a division of Idea + Design Works, LLC, a revolutionary creative service company with a wide range of clients. Among their best-selling titles are CBS’s CSI: Crime Scene Investigation; Konami’s Metal Gear Solid; and GrimJack: Killer Instinct. IDW has films in development at Sony Pictures, Dimension Films, and Paramount Pictures.

I had received Keep #1 some time ago, but just got around to reading it. SUPERB! Can't wait for #2. Of course, can't remember whether I ordered it in advance or not. :confused: I've found that short term memory is a bit more spotty than usual. Sad

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Tempest   12-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Thats what happens when you're a senior member of the board... Smile

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Maggers   12-05-2005, 10:53 PM
Talk about being a senior member....

I was casually looking at Biggles' post. I wasn't even aware, really, of what thread it was on. I must have the laptop screen further away than I knew, because I read the beginning of FPW's statement in Biggles' post as...

Naked Horror Writer Invites Readers into The Keep...

YIKES! My eyes bugged out and then I read it again. :o

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (9):    1 2 3 4 5 9