Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7
Sam   12-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Maggers Wrote:Sam, I just saw a preview for a new series on Fox called "Point Pleasant." It's spooky and about .... something eerie. Must have been a great trailer to leave me with such a vague notion of the story! Rolleyes

Anybody know anything more about it?

I read about this show a couple of weeks ago. Supernatural events taking place in a town called Point Pleasant. So original!! Rolleyes I have to admit that I'm going to watch the pilot.
http://www.app.com/app/story/0%2C21625%2...%2C00.html

Btw, don't read the last section unless you want to know about her parents. Too late for me.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Sam   12-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:What went on there in the past that would result in this situation? Ken V.

Asking about the igloos or the movie?? :confused:

There was an ordinance plant here during WWII. Regular ol' explosives were supposedly stored in the igloos. It's always been rumored to have stored chemicals of some type as well. Until the clean up, the TNT area was not a place to have a family get together. It looked nasty during the day, but at night it was down right chilling. Surrounding wooded areas were normal, but the woods in TNT were like a swamp or something. Everything looked dead or sickly. Pretty odd.

As for the movie, I'll tape and send you a copy if you'd rather not blow money on renting it. The story isn't completely accurate but it gives you a good idea of what happened. There was a LOT left out so you'd have to read The Mothman Prophecies - John Keel. I don't have a copy of that though. I lost mine. Or go to my friend's site (who also penned a book on the Mothman) http://www.mothmanlives.com

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Maggers   12-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Sam,
Have you ever had a mothman type experience, or a spooky experience of any kind, since you've lived in Point Pleasant?

Maggers

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Ken Valentine   12-21-2004, 12:53 AM
Sam Wrote:Asking about the igloos or the movie?? :confused:

There was an ordinance plant here during WWII. Regular ol' explosives were supposedly stored in the igloos. It's always been rumored to have stored chemicals of some type as well. Until the clean up, the TNT area was not a place to have a family get together. It looked nasty during the day, but at night it was down right chilling. Surrounding wooded areas were normal, but the woods in TNT were like a swamp or something. Everything looked dead or sickly. Pretty odd.

As for the movie, I'll tape and send you a copy if you'd rather not blow money on renting it. The story isn't completely accurate but it gives you a good idea of what happened. There was a LOT left out so you'd have to read The Mothman Prophecies - John Keel. I don't have a copy of that though. I lost mine. Or go to my friend's site (who also penned a book on the Mothman) http://www.mothmanlives.com

I don't know anything about the Mothman, I was asking about the actual area. Sounds like a case of ground pollution.

I'll try to find the movie myself. If I can't, I may take you up on your generous offer.

Thank you,

Ken V.
Sam   12-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Maggers Wrote:Sam,
Have you ever had a mothman type experience, or a spooky experience of any kind, since you've lived in Point Pleasant?

Maggers
Mothman experience, no. It was before my time. My mom didn't have any experiences but knows most of the people who claim to be witnesses. She's never really had anything bad to say about them. That says a lot to me. She was a bartender for at least 50 years, so she knows a hell of a lot of people and their little secrets that alcohol reveals.
As for spooky experiences, just ghostly things. I wrote about one on the Unknown Encounters thread. I've been through only one other ghostly thing but I was the only person out of about 10 who didn't notice any activity even though we were all together at the time. THAT was odd in a way. Oh yeah, and it was at my girlfriend's apartment. Danielle Scarberry, her parents were Linda and Roger Scarberry. (One of the couples to first see the Mothman in Point Pleasant and it chased their car). Weird things happened at that apartment, and eventually I was blamed. But that is a long, stupid story.

Maggers   06-26-2005, 02:30 PM
I just finished watching "Fiend Without a Face" and it is absolutely the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Did you know that when those fiendish brains atop the "spinal cords" are shot they make little farting sounds? Yes, brain farts! They spurt, they fart, they die!

The costume designer deserves special praise, too. How about those fabulous oversized leather jumpsuits worn by the guys in the atomic power plant, with grommets in the armpits for ventilation. If they don't protect you against radioactivity, nothing will!

And Marshall Thompson's fur trimmed bomber jacket was years ahead of its time! I swear I almost bought one in 1986.

If you haven't seen this one, rent it! Get out the popcorn and sodas and have a blast. You'll be splorking your Pepsi for sure!
This post was last modified: 06-26-2005, 09:58 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Peter   06-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Splorking Maggers? SPLORKING? That is a wonderous word, I just know without looking that I am not going to find it in any dictionary but, at the same time, I know EXACTLY what it means. Classic and I thank you for it. Now, just for a chance to use it in conversation.......
Maggers   06-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Peter Wrote:Splorking Maggers? SPLORKING? That is a wonderous word, I just know without looking that I am not going to find it in any dictionary but, at the same time, I know EXACTLY what it means. Classic and I thank you for it. Now, just for a chance to use it in conversation.......

LOL! Peter, glad you like it, but I can't take credit for it. The credit goes to Ken Valentine, who apparently has lost several keyboards due to splorking his soda all over them while reading threads on this board. Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

CANADIANRJFAN   06-27-2005, 12:22 AM
fpw Wrote:

THE DYNAMITE SHACK???

Ever live in a town with a DYNAMITE SHACK?

Geez I hope not!
Maggers   06-27-2005, 12:56 AM
CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:Geez I hope not!

You'd think that would be bizarre, wouldn't you? But scroll back to round post #14 and you'll see that Ken V. wrote about living in a place with more dynamite than you'd think, then watch the thread go to strange places indeed. Love that!

Reading is freedom.
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7