Pages (3):    1 2 3
Maggers   06-09-2005, 02:04 PM
stacyzinda123 Wrote:Yes!! Everybody come to Madison! I plan to be ready with a few things to be signed and can't wait to meet some of the people from the board Big Grin .

Hey Stacy, I was thinking about Madision just this morning. Of the 2 November GU's, or mini-GU's or whatever they are called, I think I am going to make Madison and not the California one.

I wouldn't need to rent a car in Madision, right? The fun would be confined to the hotel and perhaps some time spent wandering Madision, don't you think? Would you be able to show me around a bit, or is that asking too much?

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

stacyzinda123   06-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Maggers Wrote:Hey Stacy, I was thinking about Madision just this morning. Of the 2 November GU's, or mini-GU's or whatever they are called, I think I am going to make Madison and not the California one.

I wouldn't need to rent a car in Madision, right? The fun would be confined to the hotel and perhaps some time spent wandering Madision, don't you think? Would you be able to show me around a bit, or is that asking too much?
That would be super! I'd love to meet you and show you around. You won't need to rent a car. You can call a cab if you needed a ride somewhere far, but everything downtown is pretty compact, especially if you're used to walking (which I think New Yorkers are). It's gonna be fun!!
Biggles   06-10-2005, 12:26 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...75334&rd=1

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
CANADIANRJFAN   06-10-2005, 01:19 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Get your butt over to Madison, WI in November and have him sign the book(s) himself. You won't regret it.

Hi Jimbow ... I just may take you guys up on that offer. Wink
CANADIANRJFAN   06-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Lisa Wrote:Nope, he really does that. Honest! FPW is very gracious (he's gotta be, if he meets up with us every year!).

BTW, I just saw your new signature and almost fell off my chair laughing. Big Grin That's wicked funny.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. You actually started all this & I did fall off my chair!
CANADIANRJFAN   06-10-2005, 01:29 AM
Smile
Maggers Wrote:CanadianRJFan,

LOVE LOVE LOVE your new signature! As Ken V. would say, I nearly splorked my coffee all over my keyboard.

Do try to get to Madison and meet FPW. He is the nicest guy. And as a newbie, you'll get to sit next to him. Though I think there are going to be a lot of newbies at Madision. Newbie = a board member who is at a GU for the first time.

I was a newbie at GU 4 and it was such a treat to sit next to The Man and talk to him throughout dinner. Of course, I thought it was a treat. I can't say how he felt about talking to me all through dinner! Big Grin

Hi Maggers,

Thanks for the tips. Smile

I'll be hip-deep into wedding plans by that time but we've discussed the possiblity of trip south to hook-up with fellow readers. At this point its not out of the question.
Pages (3):    1 2 3