Pages (2):    1 2
Tony H   01-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Kenji Wrote:Just now I finished 2nd season. I noticed him as Fire Chief.

Ah! Can't wait 3rd season!

I am so jealous Kenji. The DVD's aren't available here and I don't have a region free player so I am a slave to US releases. You are getting to watch my favorite show in all its splendor. Lucky You. Robson Green is in a new series showing on the BBC America, it's good, but not nearly as good as WITB. And his character in the new show is no Tony Hill.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
Kenji   01-04-2006, 05:28 PM
AsMoral Wrote:I am so jealous Kenji. The DVD's aren't available here and I don't have a region free player so I am a slave to US releases. You are getting to watch my favorite show in all its splendor. Lucky You. Robson Green is in a new series showing on the BBC America, it's good, but not nearly as good as WITB. And his character in the new show is no Tony Hill.

But you could see it on TV, Tony! You ARE lucky. I can't see it on TV, so I had no choice, I bought pretty expensive DVD box-set. But it had worth to see. Thanks for recommendation. Smile
Scott Hajek   09-11-2006, 02:25 PM
AsMoral Wrote:I am so jealous Kenji. The DVD's aren't available here and I don't have a region free player so I am a slave to US releases. You are getting to watch my favorite show in all its splendor. Lucky You. Robson Green is in a new series showing on the BBC America, it's good, but not nearly as good as WITB. And his character in the new show is no Tony Hill.

Based on your original recommendation, I kept this title in my subconscious. I found Seasons 1, 2 and 3 on DVD at the library. I'm 1/2 way through season 2 and think this series is great! The stories are well-written, the acting is quite good and the characters grow on you from episode to episode. The sexual tension between D.I. Carol Jordan and Tony Hill is so damn thick!! Though, in an American remake of this series, they'd be getting it on in about 15 minutes into the first episode and it would ruin the dynamic of the characters... "Moonlighting" anyone?

Though, I'd probably become a serial killer, too, if I had to drive on the wrong side of the street from the passenger side of the car. Those crazy Brits!

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
webby   09-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Wow, I just did a search and couldn't find any mention on this board of Val McDermid, author of Wire in the Blood and many other fine mystery novels. Many of them feature Dr. Tony Hill & Carol Jordan, some do not. My favorite is probably the first one I read - A Place of Execution.

Check McDermid out if you haven't yet. I give her my highest recommendation. Cool

It's Thirteen O'Clock
-------------------------------------
"I said, Hey Senorita - that's astute, I said, why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute?" --Paul Simon
-------------------------------------
"In the final analysis, the last line of defense in support of freedom and the Constitution consists of the people themselves." -- Ron Paul

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mark S.   09-12-2006, 06:15 PM
AsMoral Wrote:Has anyone on here seen the BBC show Wire in the Blood?

I just got it from the library and hope to make my way through it this week.

BBC series are hit and miss with me.

Coupling was one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Sad that the American version was one of the worst shows I've ever seen.

Spooks (shown in the US as MI5, I think) was okay. Decent writing and great performances by the actors, but I thought several of the episodes had villains that were so absurd and over the top that it just felt silly.

The old Sherlock Holmes mysteries from the 1980s with Jeremy Brett were the finest Holmes flicks ever.

I've only seen an episode or two of Cracker, but I liked what I saw.
Pages (2):    1 2