Myk   05-24-2005, 04:20 PM
I went to Barnes and Noble's in State College, PA the other day to pick up Gateways. I was looking for it in hardcover but it was backordered and unavailable. The clerk, staring at the computer screen, then proceeded to tell me the problem was it was probably coming out in paperback soon. Was the clerk right. I hate now being able to read it. I wanted to get back into the whole RJ mind frame.

Thanx,
Myk Rolleyes

Myk a.k.a. thewerd
jimbow8   05-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Myk Wrote:I went to Barnes and Noble's in State College, PA the other day to pick up Gateways. I was looking for it in hardcover but it was backordered and unavailable. The clerk, staring at the computer screen, then proceeded to tell me the problem was it was probably coming out in paperback soon. Was the clerk right. I hate now being able to read it. I wanted to get back into the whole RJ mind frame.

Thanx,
Myk Rolleyes
Quite possibly. The Trade HC came out in 11/03 according to the bibliography. So it is about due.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
stacyzinda123   05-24-2005, 04:42 PM
The last newsletter said the paperback of Gateways is due out in paperback next Feb. The paperback editions of Crisscross and Infernal are out sometime next year too.
CANADIANRJFAN   05-25-2005, 11:26 PM
Hi Myk,

I noticed too that Gateways & Crisscross were not yet available in paperback.

Up to a few weeks ago, I wasn't even aware that there were so many new additions to the Repairman Jack series. I've read The Tomb countless times, & one night after googling this website I sent in a comment stating how much I enjoyed the story. I never expected a reply from FPW himself & presto - a new forum member was born.

I picked the softcovers up to The Hauted Air & I am currently reading through Legacies. I could only find Gateways & Crisscross in hardcover which I'll likely pick-up after I finished reading the last of the softcovers.

I'm up to the part in Legacies where 'Just Jack' & Alicia Cayton are discussing the death of 'Bennie the Torch' and the terms of her father's will surrounding that house.

Is it me or does Alicia Clayton have that Kusum Bahkti like suspicion about her? Big Grin
Ken Valentine   05-26-2005, 02:32 AM
CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:Is it me or does Alicia Clayton have that Kusum Bahkti like suspicion about her? Big Grin

Ah ain't tellin'. Guess yer gonna have to find out the fun way.

Ken V.