Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
jimbow8   05-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Marc B. Wrote:You're correct, sir. Upon closer examination this is the case. Very strange considering that Star Wars has always opened on a Wed. This Thurs. stuff is throwing me off. *sigh*
That struck me as odd when I realized it also. Usually it opens on a Wed. with late, late, late Tues screenings (early Wed.). But this year is different. I never liked that they started showing movies early on a Wed. anyway.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Scott Hajek   05-12-2005, 11:01 AM
I have my ticket to see it at 12:01 am on the 19th. Going to the theater on the 18th, though.

I'm seeing it on the ULTRASCREEN at the Elgin Fox Theatre. The same place Jim and I saw Hitchhiker's Guide.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
jimbow8   05-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:I have my ticket to see it at 12:01 am on the 19th. Going to the theater on the 18th, though.

I'm seeing it on the ULTRASCREEN at the Elgin Fox Theatre. The same place Jim and I saw Hitchhiker's Guide.
Yeah, but not the same screen. They saved the ULTRASCREEN for the cinematic wonder that is XXX: State of the Union.

***heavy sarcasm intended***

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Jay #1   05-12-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm seeing starwars Friday morning at 12:03 am at a theater that not only spent the money to put in a sound system that George Lucas specifically designed for Star Wars, but George Lucas himself came by to test it. (Rumor as far as him visiting, but you believe what you want to. *grin*)

jimbow8 Wrote:Yeah, but not the same screen. They saved the ULTRASCREEN for the cinematic wonder that is XXX: State of the Union.

***heavy sarcasm intended***
Scott Miller   05-12-2005, 12:24 PM
Marc B. Wrote:Okay... there seems to be a discrepancy with the release date of Episode 3. The "official" release date is Thursday, May 19 but a lot of theaters have a showing on Wednesday, May 18 at 12:01 a.m. which insinuates that the release is May 18.

Anyone know what's going on here? Are they just doing a one-time screening a day before or are the release dates messed up?

My ticket says Wed the 18th at 12:01am. One of my friends called me and he seems to think that this refers to midnight at the end of Wed, but I think he is wrong. I am going to the theater tomorrow to find out for sure. I don't remember any movie ever opening on a Thurs, but several 'big' films have opened on Wed in the past and I'm hoping this is the case here because I have got to work on Wed night.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Dave   05-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Well I've got tickets to a charity screening in London on the 17th, 7pm (that's London time Wink ).

I see the film early and help the abused kiddies (based on spoilers I've heard there is a certain irony here).

Hehehe. I shall try and post a non spoiler review for you late comers.

Dave

PS after the last two, not sure if this is actually worth gloating over, but you brought it up. Big Grin
Marc   05-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:My ticket says Wed the 18th at 12:01am. One of my friends called me and he seems to think that this refers to midnight at the end of Wed, but I think he is wrong.

Everything seems to point to Wed. night/Thurs. morning at 12:01 a.m. It's really kind of sad the theaters are messing this up.
Maggers   05-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Dave Wrote:Well I've got tickets to a charity screening in London on the 17th, 7pm (that's London time Wink ).

I see the film early and help the abused kiddies (based on spoilers I've heard there is a certain irony here).

Hehehe. I shall try and post a non spoiler review for you late comers.

Dave

PS after the last two, not sure if this is actually worth gloating over, but you brought it up. Big Grin

Dave, I have nothing to say about Star Wars, but I love your new avatar. Do tell, who is she?

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Dave   05-13-2005, 06:23 AM
Maggers Wrote:Dave, I have nothing to say about Star Wars, but I love your new avatar. Do tell, who is she?

I'll give you a clue...

"Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack!"

Big Grin

Dave
Kenji   05-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Dave Wrote:I'll give you a clue...

"Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack! Jack? Jack! Jack!"

Big Grin

Dave

She is Tina Arena........right?
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4