Pages (2):    1 2
Maggers   06-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Faith M,
Welcome to the board! Glad to have you join us.

Thanks for the head's up about the Narnia radio plays; they sound cool.

Radio theater dates back to the good old days of ... well, radio. Orson Welles' classic "The War of the Worlds," while it purported to be a real live broadcast was, in actuality, radio theater. Woody Allen made a lovely movie called "Radio Days" about radio theater and how it affected his young life in Brooklyn, back in the '40's. Think of what life was like before TV. Everyone listened to the radio, and they had extraordinary radio plays in those days.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of man? Muuwaahaaaaahaaa! The Shadow knows! "

That's just one famous line from a famous old radio show. (Did I get that quote right, by the way?)

One of my favorite episodes of "Frazier" featured an hysterical radio play by the entire cast where, of course, all sorts of things go awry. Whenever I see that episode, I laugh 'til I cry.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

CANADIANRJFAN   06-01-2005, 08:44 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:I keep meaning to read these books..... someday. I'll probably see the movie first, unfortunately.

The trailers look pretty good.

I read all by one of these books when I was still in grade school & I just bought the box set this year. I remember liking The Magician's Nephew, The Horse & His Boy & Prince Caspian more than I thought I would.

As kids, I think we all dived into The Lion the Witch & the Wardrobe first & having a cartoon to watch too made it that much better.

I also remember trying again & again to read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader but kept pushing it aside. Strange how you can like the rest & hate just one.
Dave   06-02-2005, 06:23 AM
CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:I also remember trying again & again to read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader but kept pushing it aside. Strange how you can like the rest & hate just one.

Oddly that's the one I recall liking the most.

Different strokes (was the Dawn Treader oar based?).

Dave
Pages (2):    1 2