KRW   05-07-2005, 09:39 PM
I think of "Masque" in a timeline about 2 to 300 years after "Nightworld" and "The Lanauge Chronicles a couple thousand after "Nightworld". I like to try and tie all FPW's books together (I know I have a problem but where can I go to get it fixed?). And since the epic battle (between The Alley and The Otherness) is taking place everywhere, we should see some more sci-fi in the LaNague era that shows some of that influence. Does anyone else do this? I'm not second guessing "The Man", I just find my mind wanders to some things that could be. Maybe it's just me.

And will FPW ever do a sequel to "Masque"? It's a great story left wide open for a sequal. I'm just curious.

KRW
Maggers   05-09-2005, 03:28 PM
KRW Wrote:I think of "Masque" in a timeline about 2 to 300 years after "Nightworld" and "The Lanauge Chronicles a couple thousand after "Nightworld". I like to try and tie all FPW's books together (I know I have a problem but where can I go to get it fixed?). And since the epic battle (between The Alley and The Otherness) is taking place everywhere, we should see some more sci-fi in the LaNague era that shows some of that influence. Does anyone else do this? I'm not second guessing "The Man", I just find my mind wanders to some things that could be. Maybe it's just me.

And will FPW ever do a sequel to "Masque"? It's a great story left wide open for a sequal. I'm just curious.

KRW

Interesting thoughts, Ken. I've never tied FPW's sci fi (other than the occasional short story that has a Munroe reference) with the Otherness. They seem like very different sorts of books, but the political threads that are ever so lightly woven into the RJ novels and much more prominently sewn into the backbone of the LaNague Chronicles are related.

I haven't looked at all the books on a timeline, either, outside of the AC and RJ timeline.
This post was last modified: 05-10-2005, 06:39 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   05-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Maggers Wrote:Interesting thoughts, Ken. I've never tied FPW's sci fi (other than the occasional short story that has a Munroe reference) with the Otherness. They seem like very different sorts of books, but the political threads that are ever so lightly woven into the RJ novels and much more prominently sewn into the backbone of the LaNague Chronicles are related.

I haven't looked at all the books on a timeline, either, outside of the AC and RJ timeline.

I look at it like it's FPW's world, (all connected somehow) and they could fit in a timeline like this. Hell, for all we know, Jack's last name could be..........!
That would tie alot of the future to the past. Big Grin

KRW