Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6
Kenji   09-10-2005, 05:17 AM
Scott Hajek Wrote:For those of you who haven't seen it, or are planning on a second viewing, bring your 3-D glasses. I just found this from an interview with the director:

[indent]Simon Jones was just great as Arthur Dent, and we needed a face and voice for that sequence. We actually shot it in 3-D, so if you wear red and green glasses, he actually jumps out. I haven't really told the studio that I did that. I thought it'd be more fun if we just did it. No one really knows. But I just couldn't resist doing it.
[/indent]Sounds like fun.

Oh, s**t! I forgot 3-D glasses!
Kenji   09-10-2005, 05:25 AM
Lisa Wrote:Kenji, the book does rely a great deal on word play for many of the jokes. So I imagine it would be hard for you to understand. I think it would lose something in translation as well. Too bad.

(Sorry, I don't have the book anymore so I can't give you any quotes.)

Lisa

Lisa, that was no problems in Japanese edition. I understood British jokes with footnotes by translator. Big Grin
jimbow8   09-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Kenji Wrote:At last, I went to thater see "Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy"! I really enjoyed it! What a hilarious opening scene!

Yesterday I just finished reading book, and today I saw movie. Both were great. Sam Rockwell was perfect for Zephod. Ford(Mos Def) and Arthur(Martin Freeman), they were not bad. And.....Marvin! It cracked me up. Big Grin

I'm lookig foward to DVD.....(maybe next year)

By the way, do you know the answer of "answer to life the universe and everything"? I found the ultimate answer......Click here!
I even remember the original question.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Pages (6):    1 2 3 4 5 6