Pages (2): 1 2   
Kenji   04-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Just now, I watched this new film's trailer in apple.com. The title is Night Watch.

Wow!! *whistle*, this is awesome! Looks like it took an essence from all excellent movies.

I have a one interest. Below the English title, I found Russian title "NOCHNOI DOZOR".....According to synopsis, "First installment of a trilogy based on the best-selling sci-fi novels of Sergei Lukyanenko entitled Night Watch, Day Watch, and Dusk Watch"

Anyway, check this official site and see the trailer. It has amazing visual.

NIGHT WATCH Trailer
This post was last modified: 04-09-2005, 02:28 AM by Kenji.
Paige   04-09-2005, 01:07 AM
My cousin is forcing me to read the books. I've got one of them starring at me as we speak. She seems to love them. Can't say much about the movie though, haven't seen the promo. Is there one on the net somewhere?

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Death Talks About Life Neil Gaiman
Kenji   04-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Paige Wrote:Is there one on the net somewhere?

Check it in here Wink
Paige   04-09-2005, 01:45 AM
am a dork Smile

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Kenji   04-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Paige Wrote:am a dork Smile

What is "dork" ?
Jay #1   04-09-2005, 01:56 AM
Well.. the official definition is slang for male genitalia I think. The one that everyone uses though is : idiot, nerd, goof up... etc.

Kenji Wrote:What is "dork" ?
Kenji   04-09-2005, 01:58 AM
Jay #1 Wrote:Well.. the official definition is slang for male genitalia I think. The one that everyone uses though is : idiot, nerd, goof up... etc.

Ah!..........Paige, you are NOT dork. Wink
Paige   04-09-2005, 02:23 AM
Jay #1 Wrote:Well.. the official definition is slang for male genitalia I think.

I guess you learn a new thing every day.

Watched the promo....SWEET!

nijimeijer   07-18-2005, 01:18 AM
Imported the All Region DVD of this recently.

I have to say: the preview makes the movie look far better than it is. I suppose it just made me expect something that the movie wasn't.

Far from being some kind of mystical, epic, monsters, good v. evil battle, the movie was more of a character piece, set against this epic background. The only problem with that is that the background is just that--behind everything else. More than just leading to confusion, this leads to the viewer the sense that momentous things are always just around the corner. Unfortunately, they never seem to arrive.

It's interestingly filmed, and the sound track is really good. The acting seems to be up to par, but then, I'm going solely on audio delivery and physical acting, since I don't speak Russian.

[spoiler, highlight to read]It's basically a piece about a man who's been drawn into this epic conflict, but isn't quite committed to it. The movie is about the steps needed to make him committed to the fight, and how it takes incredible mistakes, missteps, pain, betrayal, and ultimately great loss to make him committed. The promise is there for future movies--his mistakes may destroy the world.[/spoiler]

All in all, I recommend it for the visuals, but I can't recommend it for anything else. I was basically Underworld Redux; in other words, an incredibly promising movie that never, ever delivers.

Throughout our history there are those ghosts
Compelled to illustrate our dreams and hopes
Victors hang in pictures, losers from ropes.
Regardless they all swing in the same boat.
remylass   07-18-2005, 11:27 AM
I saw this as well. I must say, I was actually confused and/or bored during about half of the film. Now, I love a lot of foreign flicks, but this was not at all what I expected.
Pages (2): 1 2