Kenji   02-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Last night I saw old Hong Kong movie, "Geung si sin sang". English title is Mr. Vampire. Has anybody seen this?

Actually, it's not too old, it was in '85 movie. But in '80s, I saw a lot of fun Hong Kong movies. Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Hui brother's movies.....and, this Mr. Vampire series. I haven't seen for 20 years ever since I saw it in a theater. Yesterday I got used video tape, and I saw it. Still, this is very funny horror comedy, and I enjoyed a lot. It's a....Vampire(rather zombie) + comedy + Kung Fu. Chinese vampire(designation is "Geung si") doesn't turn to fog or wolf. Instead of that, they attack to people with jump like a frog! Only one way to avoid them, it is "stop breath". Big Grin They sniff live human's breath, and attack to live human.

Master Gau is vampire hunter's master(sort of Van Helsing). Chou and Man Choi is his disciples. His disciples are goofs and sloppy, so master is always scolding them. Big Grin

After this movie, they made some sequels. But first movie was the best!

Here is detail. If you have time and an opportunity, check it out. I recommend this to horror/comedy fan.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089371/