Pages (4):    1 2 3 4   
Alan   12-04-2004, 01:21 AM
Biggles Wrote:Another Millenium fan? That was an awesome series! Lance Henriksen is a great actor.

Season 1 is on DVD now and is available at Netflix for rental. I'm looking forward to visiting Frank again, I've missed that craggly faced SOB. It's in my queue after I finish up Buffy, Angel, and Highlander. It's amazing the stuff you avoid for years when it's on the networks but catch 5 minutes before work every morning for a few eeks and you have to see every episode ever made. I'm at the end of Buffy season 6 now. Then 5 seasons of Angel then 5 seasons of Highlander. Then onto Millenium.
Alan   12-04-2004, 01:26 AM
Biggles Wrote:You've got quite a lot of ideas there, all of which seem plausible, though terrible in terms of their consequences for Jack.

I started thinking of a whole "Omen" theme there, with the unmentionable one planting his seed in Gia.

BTW, I, for one, don't mention the "R" word on this board. If you say his real name, you summon him. :eek:

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

I do have a strong suspicion that the otherness isn't behind Gia's problems, medical or motor vehicle. That's what has me thinking something else might be going on with the pregnancy.

I know Jack seems a whole lot more vicious and unstable in Nightworld than he does in Criss Cross. I think Mr. Wilson has some plans to make Jack suffer horribly.
mike36799   12-04-2004, 05:31 PM
fpw Wrote:I added -- for obvious reasons -- a spoiler alert to your message.

Never assume that everyone here has read all the books.

Ty so much. I am bad with that, I promise to get better Tongue
Brianmack5   12-08-2004, 03:16 AM
fpw Wrote:I can't imagine who you're talking about. (But so far, so good.)

Without running the risk of looking like a complete idiot, who are yall talking about. What other cult is similar to the dormentalist? Oh by the way I thought Crisscross was one of the best....of course that could be because I have been reading Dan Browns stuff. And he just can't compare with the best author in the world.
the Oracle   12-08-2004, 12:04 PM
More spoilers

More spoilers

Alan Wrote:More spoilers

More spoilers

More spoilers

This is just my sick imagination, infected by Bravo's recent 100 scariest movie moments special, but I think the baby might be born as a monster and kill everyone in the delivery room except Gia and Jack, if he's there. Then Jack will have to hunt it down and kill it. Eventually as he pursues it he'll find out it's not his kid but that Rasalom raped and impregnated Gia some time shortly after Conspiracies.

Remember Jack sensing someone above him at the end of Conspiracies. Jack looks up but doesn't see anything. Rasalom follows him from above for a few days, learns his secrets, and as punishment for his transgressions gives him and his lady a nasty surprise. He does the Jedi mind trick on Gia so she can't tell anyone what happened or even remember it. That would also explain Gia's recent problems. Allied forces are trying to stop the beasty from being born. I do sense the otherness isn't behind Gia's problems.

Of course it probably won't happen that way but it sure sounds cool.
sort of has a Mordred ring from Dark Tower... Perhaps he should kill Gia the way Mordred killed Mia by sucking her entire body through her nipple.

(:

-Rip

Author of "Survivor" - http://www.vaughnripley.com

"Adventure is worthwile in itself."
—Amelia Earhart
Maggers   12-12-2004, 06:46 AM
It's approaching 5 AM, and I've been up all night finishing "Crisscross." I have 3 words to say.

FAB U LOUS!

****SPOILER ALERT FOR "GATEWAYS"****

SPOILER

SPOILER

As far as nice folks meeting untimely ends, how about Carl, the caretaker in "Gateways," the fellow with the arm we never did see, but to which was attached all manner of gardening tools, not to mention canoe paddles? I liked him, a lot! And death by Dora, ouch!

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Brian Taylor   12-12-2004, 06:26 PM
fpw Wrote:Obviously when you start an RJ novel you can assume he'll be alive at the end. Same with Gia and Vickie and Abe and Julio.

Well, you just took away some of the suspense for me. I was assuming that Jack was the only one I could count on surviving -- anyone else might get offed at some point.
cobalt   01-25-2006, 11:11 PM
I agree, another great book. In fact when I purchased it on Amazon, I lucked out and received a signed copy!!!!! I may be new to this site, but boy do I have questions. I've just finished Crisscross and I read FPW's latest book, Infernal first though. Crisscross had a load of info that you might have forgotten from previous books. Here goes the first question. If Jack finds that "special" book in the cellar of Brady's cabin, how does the cabin end up destroyed when described in Infernal? Second question, does anyone else think Jack and Gia's baby might be just as special as Jack or one of the "mother" ladies? In Crisscross Gia is almost hit by a bus after she might be suffering a misscarriage. It seemed to me that the baby was suffering as well when ever a pillar was planted. Does anyone agree with me?
Dave   01-26-2006, 07:40 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:Does anyone else think Jack and Gia's baby might be just as special as Jack or one of the "mother" ladies? In Crisscross Gia is almost hit by a bus after she might be suffering a misscarriage. It seemed to me that the baby was suffering as well when ever a pillar was planted. Does anyone agree with me?
Welcome cobalt79, and an interesting idea for your first post. I never thought of that, but it does make sense. Bring on Harbingers, gotta know how this is playing out.

Good catch.

Dave
Kenji   01-26-2006, 09:41 AM
cobalt79 Wrote:I agree, another great book. In fact when I purchased it on Amazon, I lucked out and received a signed copy!!!!! I may be new to this site, but boy do I have questions. I've just finished Crisscross and I read FPW's latest book, Infernal first though. Crisscross had a load of info that you might have forgotten from previous books. Here goes the first question. If Jack finds that "special" book in the cellar of Brady's cabin, how does the cabin end up destroyed when described in Infernal? Second question, does anyone else think Jack and Gia's baby might be just as special as Jack or one of the "mother" ladies? In Crisscross Gia is almost hit by a bus after she might be suffering a misscarriage. It seemed to me that the baby was suffering as well when ever a pillar was planted. Does anyone agree with me?

Welcome to the board, cobalt79!

That's interesting questions! I didn't notice that. I think you have a right point of view. Well, I need to re-read Crisscross.
Pages (4):    1 2 3 4