Kenji   03-27-2005, 05:38 AM
Today, I went to see new movie in theater, Crisis of America.....Oh, maybe you don't know this title, but some people definitely saw it. You know what it is?

This movie has three titles in Japan. First, original film was made in 1962. Japanese title was "影なき狙撃者"(Kage naki sogeki-sha), the meaning is "The sniper who hasn't shadow". Second, this new version movie's Japanese title is "Crisis of America"......Okay, you still don't know?

Third, this original title is "The Manchurian Candidate"!

"The sniper who hasn't shadow", "Crisis of America", "The Manchurian Candidate". Those three different titles are all same movie. Can you believe this? But it's true.

A long time ago I saw original film. I remember it was Frank Sinatra's movie. If my memories are correct, that was communists and governments. If I have a chance, I'll see original again.

Oh, by the way, this new version.........I liked it. "Crisis of America", this title is very fit to it. True enemies were already inside the country. As usual, Denzel Washinton was cool. Story was different from original, but that was no problem. If this new version was communists and governments, it's out of date. If it is, nobody will see it. Rolleyes

Also other actors were good. Meryl Streep, Liev Schreiber, Jon Voight......and Robyn Hitchcock! Why Robyn Hitchcock is........well, that's okay anyway. Two hours and ten minutes, I really enjoyed it.
stacyzinda123   03-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Kenji Wrote:Third, this original title is "The Manchurian Candidate"!

Two hours and ten minutes, I really enjoyed it.

The Denze Washington version of this movie was also called The Manchurian Candidate here. It was an exellent movie, IMO. I never saw the original or read the book, but I really liked the movie. It makes you wonder what people would really do for what they think is important. Disturbing.
Keith the Elder   03-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Frank Sinatra really was a decent actor when given good material. The Manchurian Candidate and The Man with the Golden Arm are two of my all time favorites

k the e
Alan   03-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Kenji Wrote:Today, I went to see new movie in theater, Crisis of America.....Oh, maybe you don't know this title, but some people definitely saw it. You know what it is?

This movie has three titles in Japan. First, original film was made in 1962. Japanese title was "影なき狙撃者"(Kage naki sogeki-sha), the meaning is "The sniper who hasn't shadow". Second, this new version movie's Japanese title is "Crisis of America"......Okay, you still don't know?

Third, this original title is "The Manchurian Candidate"!

"The sniper who hasn't shadow", "Crisis of America", "The Manchurian Candidate". Those three different titles are all same movie. Can you believe this? But it's true.

A long time ago I saw original film. I remember it was Frank Sinatra's movie. If my memories are correct, that was communists and governments. If I have a chance, I'll see original again.

Oh, by the way, this new version.........I liked it. "Crisis of America", this title is very fit to it. True enemies were already inside the country. As usual, Denzel Washinton was cool. Story was different from original, but that was no problem. If this new version was communists and governments, it's out of date. If it is, nobody will see it. Rolleyes

Also other actors were good. Meryl Streep, Liev Schreiber, Jon Voight......and Robyn Hitchcock! Why Robyn Hitchcock is........well, that's okay anyway. Two hours and ten minutes, I really enjoyed it.

I haven't seen the Denzel Washington version yet but have heard good things about it. The original is still one of my favorite movies of all time. Angela Lansbury is one of the greatest villains in screen histroy.

I read the Richard Condon book a few years ago and was struck by the differences in mood beteen the two. The movie was completely serious while the book was more a caricature. I liked both but the serious tone of the movie worked for me where the satire of the novel left me a little cold.