Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7
jimbow8   03-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Mike Wrote:Except during the summer when it is hot, humid, sticky and miserable. I spent a few summers there with relatives when I was a child. I also lived there for a year when my dad went to Viet Nam so I know that Chicago is capable of both extremes!
Yes, I beg to differ. Chicago is NOT always cold and miserable. The weather is quite nice much of the time.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Mike   03-24-2005, 04:50 PM
jimbow8 Wrote:Yes, I beg to differ. Chicago is NOT always cold and miserable. The weather is quite nice much of the time.

I will agree that Chicago does have its nice days, most notably in mid spring and early fall. It is just too hard to forget the blizzard during the winter of 1967 when we got hit with about 3 feet of snow in two days. Likewise it is easy to remember the hot, humid days around July when a brisk walk can make you pour sweat. Still, I have many fond memories there. BTW, I prefer cold weather to hot. Though I live in Arizona, I live in the northern area which, this year, has seen a lot of snow.
Biggles   03-25-2005, 03:33 AM
Mike Wrote:Except during the summer when it is hot, humid, sticky and miserable. I spent a few summers there with relatives when I was a child. I also lived there for a year when my dad went to Viet Nam so I know that Chicago is capable of both extremes!

Aside from the week of Spring, and Fall from about September 30 through October 31, the weather sucks majorly. And even then we get bad surprises, like the ice storm on Halloween some years ago that brought down an American Eagle commuter flight just South of here. I would bet on average that we get maybe 90 days of nice weather a year.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Mike   03-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Biggles Wrote:Aside from the week of Spring, and Fall from about September 30 through October 31, the weather sucks majorly. And even then we get bad surprises, like the ice storm on Halloween some years ago that brought down an American Eagle commuter flight just South of here. I would bet on average that we get maybe 90 days of nice weather a year.

I am going to go way off the subject here, Biggles, and ask you to look at the Abortion Arrest thread in the Political Forum and tell me what you think of that situation. This took place in Illinois and as far as I can tell you are the heap big legal expert. Can you tell me what constitutes statutory rape in Illinois? In other words, how old does the male have to be in relation to the female for him to be considered a statutory rapist? Thank you for your attention to this matter!
Biggles   03-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Mike Wrote:I am going to go way off the subject here, Biggles, and ask you to look at the Abortion Arrest thread in the Political Forum and tell me what you think of that situation. This took place in Illinois and as far as I can tell you are the heap big legal expert. Can you tell me what constitutes statutory rape in Illinois? In other words, how old does the male have to be in relation to the female for him to be considered a statutory rapist? Thank you for your attention to this matter!

I live in Indiana (Northwest Indiana, which is part of "Chicagoland"). I'm only licensed in Indiana, so I can't help you out with Illinois law. There MUST be an Illinois lawyer on this board, though!?

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Pages (7):    1 3 4 5 6 7