Pages (2):    1 2
Kenji   03-07-2005, 08:23 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Rent a car requires identification and personal information which can be used later to track you.

Ah......you're right. But he is professional assassin. I think he can make a fake identification and fake personal information. Well, but if he did it, movie's story would be completely different........ :p
Dave   03-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Kenji Wrote:Ah......you're right. But he is professional assassin. I think he can make a fake identification and fake personal information. Well, but if he did it, movie's story would be completely different........ :p

Minor Spoilers, beware!!!!

He also wanted someone to pin it on. It was alluded to in the film that a few months previous a taxi driver went around town killing people and then committed suicide. Reading between the lines, Tom had been to LA before, and that was why he chose a taxi.

Dave
This post was last modified: 03-07-2005, 09:16 AM by Dave.
Kenji   03-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Dave Wrote:He also wanted someone to pin it on. It was alluded to in the film that a few months previous a taxi driver went around town killing people and then committed suicide. Reading between teh lines, Tom had been to LA before, and that was why he chose a taxi.

Dave

Oh, I see! I got it.....well, I need see it again. I must buy DVD and watch it. Big Grin

Thanks, Dave.
Paige   03-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Dave Wrote:Minor Spoilers, beware!!!!

He also wanted someone to pin it on. It was alluded to in the film that a few months previous a taxi driver went around town killing people and then committed suicide. Reading between the lines, Tom had been to LA before, and that was why he chose a taxi.

Dave

actually i think he mentioned that it was in Philly. Doesn't really matter. I've alwasy wanted to know what Vincent's story was. Why did he became a killer for hire.

"Life — and I don't suppose I'm the first to make this comparison — is a disease: sexually transmitted, and invariably fatal."
Death Talks About Life Neil Gaiman
Maggers   03-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Paige Wrote:actually i think he mentioned that it was in Philly. Doesn't really matter. I've alwasy wanted to know what Vincent's story was. Why did he became a killer for hire.

SPOILERs**************************

or as I seem to keep typing it

SPOIKERS******************************

Vincent told Max (Jamie Foxx) the story about his dad being a drunk and beating his mother and eventually, Vincent said, he killed his father. After a solemn Max said, "I'm sorry," Vincent burst out laughing and said he was kidding. He didn't kill his father.

But he did say again later that his father was a drunk, and I believe he alluded to beatings again. I wouldn't say that was the sole reason for Vincent turning out as he did, but that sort of seriously disordered, violent upbringing can be a breeding ground for a sociopath.

Who knows for sure, though. The story died with Vincent on that train.

P.S. From the way Fanning (Mark Rufalo's character) spoke of the previous taxi cab killings/suicide that were pinned on the supposedly suicided driver, it sounded to me as if he was aware of the details and was familiar with the case. I got the strong impression that the previous case was in LA, and Fanning never agreed with the detectives on that case.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Pages (2):    1 2