sll   02-23-2005, 12:34 AM
I'm sure this has been asked by every junior member since the begining of time but... what are the chance of having fpw sign some of his books if I mail them to him with return postage?

"you think, therefore I am" Scott L. Langpap
Lisa   02-23-2005, 12:50 AM
FPW will sign books mailed to him. You can PM him here on the board.

Lisa
Biggles   02-23-2005, 12:50 AM
sll Wrote:I'm sure this has been asked by every junior member since the begining of time but... what are the chance of having fpw sign some of his books if I mail them to him with return postage?

"you think, therefore I am" Scott L. Langpap

There's no chance involved. You mail them and he'll sign them! You'll never find another author more accommodating to his fans.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
CANADIANRJFAN   05-28-2005, 02:23 AM
I'm glad someone posted this question. When I'm finished reading through the RJ series I was thinking of asking about a generic PO box I could send the paperbacks to & have them signed.
sll   05-28-2005, 04:22 AM
CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:I'm glad someone posted this question. When I'm finished reading through the RJ series I was thinking of asking about a generic PO box I could send the paperbacks to & have them signed.

I can tell you fpw is very gracious in accepting books to autograph. I sent him three and he signed and inscribed them and send them back in a timely fashion. The best thing to do is send him a PM and he'll let you know what his schedule is. Welcome aboard CANDIANRJFAN.

I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
I drink to make other people interesting.
-Groucho Marx

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than to have a frontal lobotomy.
-Randy Hanzlick
jimbow8   05-28-2005, 11:54 AM
CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:I'm glad someone posted this question. When I'm finished reading through the RJ series I was thinking of asking about a generic PO box I could send the paperbacks to & have them signed.
Even better yet, you should make it down to one of our get-togethers or a GU (Grand Unification). The next official GU (#5) is being planned for London in the late spring or early summer of 2006, I believe. In Nov. of 2005 FPW will be at the WORLD FANTASY CONVENTION (Madison, WI) November 3-6
http://www.worldfantasy.org/2005/ We are planning on doing something on this weekend, but I don't believe anything is official yet. I can't seem to find the thread where this was discussed, but I think FPW said he could take time for dinner with us. (Forgive me if I'm wrong, Paul. Wink ) Maybe you could hop over from Toronto. I know several of us are planning on getting together. Keep it in mind, we'd love to meet you.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
Maggers   05-28-2005, 01:08 PM
http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showt...php?t=1531

I think the Madison, WI meet-up is mentioned there, if you can click on that thread.

I am thinking of going, too. I'd love to see Marc and Jim again and meet Stacy and Scott H., and maybe even more folks.

There's also a get together tentatively planned for November in California.

We sort of track the whereabouts of The Man and make plans to stalk him at the conventions he attends. Oddly enough, FPW doesn't seem to mind! Big Grin

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

CANADIANRJFAN   05-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Hi Jimbow,

My spouse & I would enjoy an out-of-town trip to have dinner at a function such as the one you've described. We've travlled mainly throughout the Eastern United States & we have never had a bad experience. Boston, MA is one of our favourite destinations & the Big Dig was quite remarkable.

We will be travelling down to Orlando, FL late in the fall and are planning a trip down to the Keys.
stacyzinda123   05-31-2005, 11:51 AM
jimbow8 Wrote:Even better yet, you should make it down to one of our get-togethers or a GU (Grand Unification). The next official GU (#5) is being planned for London in the late spring or early summer of 2006, I believe. In Nov. of 2005 FPW will be at the WORLD FANTASY CONVENTION (Madison, WI) November 3-6
http://www.worldfantasy.org/2005/ We are planning on doing something on this weekend, but I don't believe anything is official yet. I can't seem to find the thread where this was discussed, but I think FPW said he could take time for dinner with us. (Forgive me if I'm wrong, Paul. Wink ) Maybe you could hop over from Toronto. I know several of us are planning on getting together. Keep it in mind, we'd love to meet you.
I live in Madison and offered to plan something for the November get-together (GU 4.5). I have a lot on my plate right now, so I haven't been able to organize anything yet, but things should settle down in a month or so and I'll figure some things out, for whoever is interested. I can't wait to meet FPW and some others from the board!