Tony H   02-18-2005, 02:13 PM
I have two new favorite tv shows. One is Distraction. If you haven't had the chance to see this game show, check your listings and watch it at once. The stunts crack me up as does the host. The contestants are the best sports I ave ever seen on a game show. They manage to find the humor in doing shots of hot sauce, getting zapped by a stun gun, putting 50 rubberbands over their head and onto their face (ouch) and a myriad of other crazy antics. The final round where the winner of the game is playing for fabulous prizes has to get the answers correct for if he/she doesn't they have to stand by and watch as a man weilding a sledgehammer smashes one of their prizes to pieces. Or, they have to depress a lever that vblows up one of their prizes but they don't know which lever blows up which prize.

My other favorite show is the import from Japan, IRON CHEF. This is the main reason i watch Food Network and the show consistently blows me away. I even have my favorite chef, Iron Chef Morimoto. These guys can cook ANYTHING though I am not sure I would eat half of their creations. But if you haven't yet witnessed this show you are missing out on a treat. Iron Chef America is out now but it is not the same as the Japanese version, it just doesn't have the appeal the original does.

Tony
Scott Hajek   02-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Distraction is a riot! The host is very funny and has great insults he whips at the contestants.

Did you see the episode with the nudists in the phone booth? Or the professional wrestlers?

The only bad thing about the show is that it replaced "Drawn Together." I hope they release that one on DVD soon.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]
Tony H   02-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Scott Hajek Wrote:Distraction is a riot! The host is very funny and has great insults he whips at the contestants.

Did you see the episode with the nudists in the phone booth? Or the professional wrestlers?

The only bad thing about the show is that it replaced "Drawn Together." I hope they release that one on DVD soon.

Drawn together ended it's first season run. As disgusting and shocking as drawn together was I am sure it will be back for a second season soon. I loved it and await its return.

Tony
Kenji   02-18-2005, 08:53 PM
AsMoral Wrote:My other favorite show is the import from Japan, IRON CHEF. This is the main reason i watch Food Network and the show consistently blows me away. I even have my favorite chef, Iron Chef Morimoto. These guys can cook ANYTHING though I am not sure I would eat half of their creations. But if you haven't yet witnessed this show you are missing out on a treat. Iron Chef America is out now but it is not the same as the Japanese version, it just doesn't have the appeal the original does.

Tony

Tony! You talking about "料理の鉄人(Ryori no tetsujin)!" Big Grin

I'm glad to hear you like it. That was one of my favorite shows. If you like it, you will like Japanese another show, "Gochi ni narimasu". This rules are...

1, Five challengers(TV's personalities) sit down at table in expensive restaurant.

2, Host make the price. For example, $190.00

3, Five challengers order the lunch in turn. They don't know the lunch's price.

4, A few times they order the lunch in turn, and they eat them, then they guess the lunch's price. Like a "Hmmmmm....$50?"

5, When they finished the order and eat, one person who has far from made price(For example, $300) foot everybody's totaled bill. The expenses total will be $900 or $1,000!!!

This is pretty fun, and very popular show in Japan now.
Tony H   02-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Kenji Wrote:Tony! You talking about "料理の鉄人(Ryori no tetsujin)!" Big Grin

I'm glad to hear you like it. That was one of my favorite shows. If you like it, you will like Japanese another show, "Gochi ni narimasu". This rules are...

1, Five challengers(TV's personalities) sit down at table in expensive restaurant.

2, Host make the price. For example, $190.00

3, Five challengers order the lunch in turn. They don't know the lunch's price.

4, A few times they order the lunch in turn, and they eat them, then they guess the lunch's price. Like a "Hmmmmm....$50?"

5, When they finished the order and eat, one person who has far from made price(For example, $300) foot everybody's totaled bill. The expenses total will be $900 or $1,000!!!

This is pretty fun, and very popular show in Japan now.

I wish they showed that over here! That sounds funny. Iron Chef so far is the only show the Food Network carries that's from Japan. But I absolutely LOVE it. I hope they bring more over from overseas.
Kenji   02-26-2005, 11:50 AM
AsMoral Wrote:I wish they showed that over here! That sounds funny. Iron Chef so far is the only show the Food Network carries that's from Japan. But I absolutely LOVE it. I hope they bring more over from overseas.

This is another popular cooking show, "Dotch cooking show". Maybe someday you can watch it in Food Network.

Sorry, this is not English site, but check it. Smile

http://www.dotch.tv/