Pages (46):    1 2 3 4 5 46   
Keith the Elder   02-15-2005, 11:44 AM
How old is Lucas Black, the kid from Slingblade and American Gothic, he is very talented.
Biggles   02-15-2005, 03:18 PM
...and it might save money too. Just as Gollum/Smeagle in LOTR was computer generated, why not have an average height, average weight guy matching Jack's description create the role, with CG filling in the blanks. That way it doesn't matter how long it takes to film, how many RJ movies are made, even whether the actor portraying RJ continues in the role. The RJ character can be created exactly as it appears in Paul's mind's eye. Heck, we could do the same with Abe, Gia and Vicky.
Big Grin

P.S. I'm only half kidding.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Mike   02-15-2005, 03:25 PM
undefinedundefinedundefined
Biggles Wrote:...and it might save money too. Just as Gollum/Smeagle in LOTR was computer generated, why not have an average height, average weight guy matching Jack's description create the role, with CG filling in the blanks. That way it doesn't matter how long it takes to film, how many RJ movies are made, even whether the actor portraying RJ continues in the role. The RJ character can be created exactly as it appears in Paul's mind's eye. Heck, we could do the same with Abe, Gia and Vicky.
Big Grin

P.S. I'm only half kidding.

Actually, this is not a bad idea. Did you see "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow"? Only three of the people in it were real; the rest were CG. Sure, there were some places where it was not perfect, but advances are being made every day in this area. By the time this film gets rolling the advances in CG might be good enough to pull off making Jack a CGI with a dubbed voice.
Scott Miller   02-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Mike Wrote:undefinedundefinedundefined

Actually, this is not a bad idea. Did you see "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow"? Only three of the people in it were real; the rest were CG. Sure, there were some places where it was not perfect, but advances are being made every day in this area. By the time this film gets rolling the advances in CG might be good enough to pull off making Jack a CGI with a dubbed voice.

You guys obviously haven't seen Simone, which is very good, or you would realize the pitfalls of creating a CGI RJ.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Mike   02-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:You guys obviously haven't seen Simone, which is very good, or you would realize the pitfalls of creating a CGI RJ.

I saw "Simone", but that was a while ago. I didn't pay much attention to the CGI in that film. Was it that bad? LOTR CGI was well done!
Scott Miller   02-15-2005, 07:03 PM

I saw "Simone", but that was a while ago. I didn't pay much attention to the CGI in that film. Was it that bad? LOTR CGI was well done!

No, the character of Simone was a CGI creation (played by a real person) who replaced a flesh and blood actress. All seemed well until...you'll have to watch the movie again. And yes, Gollum was one the most remarkable characters I've ever seen, animated or otherwise. Maybe Andy Serkis ought to be considered for RJ.

Scott

Jesus died for your sins, get your money's worth. Chad Daniels
Mike   02-16-2005, 11:25 PM
Scott Miller Wrote:No, the character of Simone was a CGI creation (played by a real person) who replaced a flesh and blood actress. All seemed well until...you'll have to watch the movie again. And yes, Gollum was one the most remarkable characters I've ever seen, animated or otherwise. Maybe Andy Serkis ought to be considered for RJ.

He couldn't be any worse than some of the others that fit in the age category FPW posted (26 years old). As long as it isn't Topher Grace, Jason Biggs, Ashton Kutcher, or (heaven forbid) Macauley Culkin. My personal choice for live actors for the role pretty much starts and ends with Edward Norton. He fits the age and build. Also, if you saw him in "American History X" or "Fight Club", you could see that he has the ability to put on the lean, hard muscle that fits RJ's physical description. Not to mention that he is also one really top notch actor.
Maggers   02-17-2005, 12:20 AM

.... My personal choice for live actors for the role pretty much starts and ends with Edward Norton. He fits the age and build. Also, if you saw him in "American History X" or "Fight Club", you could see that he has the ability to put on the lean, hard muscle that fits RJ's physical description. Not to mention that he is also one really top notch actor.

I like the way you think, Mike. Edward Norton would be terrific! I've yet to see him turn in a poor performance. Absolutely loved him in "25th Hour."

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

Kenji   02-17-2005, 10:42 AM

CG Jack....No, no, no, No! That's terrible. Gollum is okay, he is great CG character in movie's history. But Jack is human, not creature, of course. Somebody remember ultimate BAD movie "Final Fantasy"? Or, how about "Polar Express"? "Polar Express" was not bad, but I couldn't feel warm blood in CG characters. Human CG's character has a limit.

BTW, while I'm reading RJ novels, I always imagine Jack is Tom Berenger. Of course Tom Berenger is too old, but in his movie, "Someone to watch over me", his role was similar to Jack. Smile
This post was last modified: 02-17-2005, 10:45 AM by Kenji.
Mike   02-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Kenji Wrote:CG Jack....No, no, no, No! That's terrible. Gollum is okay, he is great CG character in movie's history. But Jack is human, not creature, of course. Somebody remember ultimate BAD movie "Final Fantasy"? Or, how about "Polar Express"? "Polar Express" was not bad, but I couldn't feel warm blood in CG characters. Human CG's character has a limit.

BTW, while I'm reading RJ novels, I always imagine Jack is Tom Berenger. Of course Tom Berenger is too old, but in his movie, "Someone to watch over me", his role was similar to Jack. Smile

For the most part we are pretty much kidding about having RJ done by CGI. At least I am kidding. This is just a way of expressing disdain for an unsuitable actor being given the role of Jack. Maggers and I lean toward Edward Norton in the RJ role. I like Tom Berenger and have seen him in some good movies, but Edward Norton fits the character's physique and can move quickly. Also, Norton would be the right age to play RJ. Like you, I hated Final Fantasy. I could take or leave the CGI, but the dialogue was enough to make me lose my lunch.
Pages (46):    1 2 3 4 5 46