Medusa   01-18-2005, 11:33 PM
One of my specialties at Christmas or birthdays is to find that "hard-to-find" stuff that my friends and relatives have been trying to find. My best friend commented that she would love to have the "Promo" Time Magazine Cover from Reign of Fire. Or even just a jpg or gif file so she can frame it. I have searched EVERYWHERE! I looked at the auctions. I looked at movie props for sale companies. I did in-depth detail searches on Google and now my head is spinning. I looked up movie stills; you name it. I can't find it anywhere. I even tried the Time Magazine website. Any suggestions? There's probably something obvious that I haven't thought of.
jimbow8   01-18-2005, 11:47 PM
Medusa Wrote:One of my specialties at Christmas or birthdays is to find that "hard-to-find" stuff that my friends and relatives have been trying to find. My best friend commented that she would love to have the "Promo" Time Magazine Cover from Reign of Fire. Or even just a jpg or gif file so she can frame it. I have searched EVERYWHERE! I looked at the auctions. I looked at movie props for sale companies. I did in-depth detail searches on Google and now my head is spinning. I looked up movie stills; you name it. I can't find it anywhere. I even tried the Time Magazine website. Any suggestions? There's probably something obvious that I haven't thought of.
I would try calling or writing to TIME Magazine, first of all. You could also try the movie studio or distributor.

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. ... The piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
~ Howard Phillips Lovecraft
KRW   01-19-2005, 12:11 AM
Medusa Wrote:One of my specialties at Christmas or birthdays is to find that "hard-to-find" stuff that my friends and relatives have been trying to find. My best friend commented that she would love to have the "Promo" Time Magazine Cover from Reign of Fire. Or even just a jpg or gif file so she can frame it. I have searched EVERYWHERE! I looked at the auctions. I looked at movie props for sale companies. I did in-depth detail searches on Google and now my head is spinning. I looked up movie stills; you name it. I can't find it anywhere. I even tried the Time Magazine website. Any suggestions? There's probably something obvious that I haven't thought of.

What exactally did it look like? Besides saying Times across it.

KRW
Medusa   01-19-2005, 12:24 AM
KRW Wrote:What exactally did it look like? Besides saying Times across it.

KRW
It said something like "Is this the End?" and I think it had fire and dragons on the cover.
Sam   01-19-2005, 12:28 AM

I've emailed someone who may be able to help you with this pic. If not, have you tried using Windows Movie Maker to catch a still of it from the dvd?? Not certain how to do this exactly but I'm sure there's a way.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
KRW   01-19-2005, 12:32 AM
Medusa Wrote:It said something like "Is this the End?" and I think it had fire and dragons on the cover.

I t doesn't say that, but is this it? http://www.impawards.com/2002/reign_of_fire_ver2.html

KRW