lovecraft68   06-14-2005, 07:20 PM
hi, this is lovecraft68 and i am brand new to the sight. i am a huge horror fan and the biggest thrill i ever got reading was when f. paul wilson put my favorite villian rasalom in with repairman jack my favorite vigilante. my question is in the haunted air it is mentioned by lyle about an upcoming darkness that will embrace all and jack has been told he is one of a handfull who will try to stop it. is this leading up to nightworld? i know these books were written after nightworld but was wondering if they take place before? or is there another big thing happening? only one small complaint i fell Rasalom is to powerful a villian to keep poping up in these novels lurking in the shadows and shaking his fist at jack impotently in the end(conspiracies) and one other thing i have not yet read all of the rmj novels(they have been ordered!) but Gia pregnant? am i the only one who kind of thinks this is a bad idea? anyway if someone could help with the question i would appreciate it! my e-mail is arsonist68@yahoo.com thanks for reading!
APhew   06-14-2005, 07:47 PM
Most of what you ask can be answered with the F. Paul Wilson FAQ. The link to this is in my signature.

Welcome to the Board!
KRW   06-15-2005, 12:40 AM
lovecraft68 Wrote:hi, this is lovecraft68 and i am brand new to the sight. i am a huge horror fan and the biggest thrill i ever got reading was when f. paul wilson put my favorite villian rasalom in with repairman jack my favorite vigilante. my question is in the haunted air it is mentioned by lyle about an upcoming darkness that will embrace all and jack has been told he is one of a handfull who will try to stop it. is this leading up to nightworld? i know these books were written after nightworld but was wondering if they take place before? or is there another big thing happening? only one small complaint i fell Rasalom is to powerful a villian to keep poping up in these novels lurking in the shadows and shaking his fist at jack impotently in the end(conspiracies) and one other thing i have not yet read all of the rmj novels(they have been ordered!) but Gia pregnant? am i the only one who kind of thinks this is a bad idea? anyway if someone could help with the question i would appreciate it! my e-mail is arsonist68@yahoo.com thanks for reading!

Welcome to the board!!!

You have some good questions, and there is only one way to solve them. And that's to read the books! Have fun finding the answers! Big Grin

KRW- very concerned about the pregnancy.
Keith the Elder   06-15-2005, 08:26 AM
Welcome to the board.

Gia pregnant - bad idea? Sometimes in real life the unexpected occurs, samething in fiction. I didn't expect it either!

Keith the elder

P.S. check out that Haiku thread in "Off Topic Discussion"

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
BK Akitas   06-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Welcome to the board.

Gia pregnant - bad idea? Sometimes in real life the unexpected occurs, samething in fiction. I didn't expect it either!

Keith the elder

P.S. check out that Haiku thread in "Off Topic Discussion"

How could you not see this coming? Things with Jack and Gia were dangerously close to perfection, so there is bound to be a major monkeywrench due any second..it also supports Gia's assertion that Jack join the real world, giving her character more power.
Besides, Vicks needs a baby brother. Smile

Umm, which brings to mind a question- Richard Westphalen disappears, the Westphalen aunts disappear and the only living relative and her artist mommy get to move into the manor with nary a by-your-leave from the Powers That Be? I'd think there would be a little more scrutiny applied to Gia since she has the most to gain from their disappearances. I mean, NYPD homicide isn't the keystone cops. Just food for thought.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Keith the Elder   06-17-2005, 10:20 AM
BK Akitas Wrote:How could you not see this coming? Things with Jack and Gia were dangerously close to perfection, so there is bound to be a major monkeywrench due any second..it also supports Gia's assertion that Jack join the real world, giving her character more power.

Umm, which brings to mind a question- Richard Westphalen disappears, the Westphalen aunts disappear and the only living relative and her artist mommy get to move into the manor with nary a by-your-leave from the Powers That Be? I'd think there would be a little more scrutiny applied to Gia since she has the most to gain from their disappearances. I mean, NYPD homicide isn't the keystone cops. Just food for thought.

Has anyone reported the aunts missing? I don't expect them to be receiving Social Security or other government benefits, the neighbors have better things to do than worry about some old ladies and the fact that Gia ain't too shabby helps keep the aunts out of mind.

As for that keystone cops thing, ever heard of Michael Alig -Famous Club Kid-? Well Mike killed and then dismembered one of his hangers-on because he insisted that old Mike pay him for all the drugs he had been supplying to him. Then he placed the body parts in a box and threw it into the river. Box floats ashore in another jurisdiction (jersey or another borough, I don't remember) Meanwhile, Michael is overheard in clubs describing disposal. The local constabulary is notified. When box is discovered, the gendarmes don't make the connection because the murder they've been informed of happened in Manhattan and can't investigate every dismembered body that washes up in other jurisdictions.

In all fairness, this is an anecdotal incident. I rspect the fine work the NYPD are doing to keep the city safe. It certainly is safer than in the 70's. I live in the DC metro area. There is much violent crime here and while I'm watching the local news I can breathe easy knownig my daughter is safe in NYC.

keith the elder

k the e

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
Maggers   06-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:....I can breathe easy knownig my daughter is safe in NYC.

keith the elder

k the e

I agree, Keith. I feel quite safe these days in NYC. Obviously, you take care, watch your back and don't go into dark alleys in the middle of the night. Using common sense, I can pretty much do what I want, when I want and get home safely.

I pop out at 2 or 3 in the morning to make a run to a nearby all night store, and I feel perfectly safe. Of course, I'm on a main avenue, but nevertheless, the City is a whole lot safer than it used to be.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

KRW   06-17-2005, 10:26 PM
BK Akitas Wrote:How could you not see this coming? Things with Jack and Gia were dangerously close to perfection, so there is bound to be a major monkeywrench due any second..it also supports Gia's assertion that Jack join the real world, giving her character more power.

Since we know where the aunts went, (and Richard) their is no hope of ever finding a body. If they are truley keystone cops, they would arrest her on sucpision, and a crooked lawyer (with a rigged jury) would put her in prison. Right know they are just caretakers of the estate. But without proof, what can the cops do? They have better things to do.....(let your imagination work here!) Big Grin

KRW
BK Akitas   06-18-2005, 01:21 AM
Keith the Elder Wrote:Has anyone reported the aunts missing?
k the e

Yep, its in The Tomb, Jack calls Gia and asks if the police are gone yet so he can come over and help. She's actually quite surly about it. Rotten girl, gets a man like that and all she can do is kvetch about his line of work.
Just seems to me with a fortune on the line, and only one person who gains by it, in the middle of one of the most affluent neighborhoods in the city, with no signs of forced entry, there would have been some type of investigation into Gia as a suspect in their disappearances. Gia conveniently moves into the manor and out of her itty bitty apartment, gets access to the Westphalen money for upkeep of the aunts' home and to take care of the only living heir....
Just something nagging me, that's all.

Black Knight American Akitas
http://www.blackknightakitas.com

KYFHO Racing Team

"Don't force me to release him"...Harbingers
Keeters kick Otherness butt!
Mr_Falcon   06-21-2005, 12:46 PM
BK
that is a very good thought. Something that concerns me a bit as well. However, a few things to offset that:
1- They haven't made a media stink (ala Runaway Bride) because they know what happened to the aunts. Therefore, no media pressure.
2- They are not American citizens. Not taxpayers, less pressure.
3- no sign of any crime at all. Just missing rich people. Ho Hum to the cops, I'll bet. If a car had been reported stolen, you might see some action. missing people: never.