Dave   08-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Shaun of the Dead is released in the US in a few weeks time, I believe. A romantic zombie comedy, or RomZomCom, great for laughs and scares. Check it out, you'll love it.

I wanted to share an interview quote from the director about a screening they had recently in the US. The interview is in DVD Review in the UK for those that care...

DVD Review: So do you think your brand of humour will be able to cross the Atlantic?

Edgar Wright: I think they seem to respond to the fact that the English are essentially useless and it's our lack of guns that get us killed. They asked in a test screening "What did you like about the film?" And one guy said "I like this film because it it proves why we should have a Second Amendment. If these guys had more guns then not as many of their friends and family would have died. It's as simple as that."

Cracked me up, as it did every person in this English office.

Dave
Biggles   08-20-2004, 11:18 PM
Dave Wrote:Shaun of the Dead is released in the US in a few weeks time, I believe. A romantic zombie comedy, or RomZomCom, great for laughs and scares. Check it out, you'll love it.

I wanted to share an interview quote from the director about a screening they had recently in the US. The interview is in DVD Review in the UK for those that care...

DVD Review: So do you think your brand of humour will be able to cross the Atlantic?

Edgar Wright: I think they seem to respond to the fact that the English are essentially useless and it's our lack of guns that get us killed. They asked in a test screening "What did you like about the film?" And one guy said "I like this film because it it proves why we should have a Second Amendment. If these guys had more guns then not as many of their friends and family would have died. It's as simple as that."

Cracked me up, as it did every person in this English office.

Dave

Can't argue with the logic there, Dave. Think about it: Where was the original "Night of the Living Dead" set? In Southwestern Pennsylvania, where just about every lad (and many lassies) aged 15 up has a 30-30 deer rifle. Where the first day of deer season is an excused absence from school (seriously--all you need was a note from your parent saying "Johnnie's going deer hunting"). Zombies pick de wrong place to party; zombies get dere asses kicked.

I'll tell you something else. Zombies better not mess with Indiana, either. Only difference is they'll get their heads blown off with shotguns (can't hunt deer with rifles here--too flat).

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Ken Valentine   08-21-2004, 02:04 AM
Dave Wrote:DVD Review: So do you think your brand of humour will be able to cross the Atlantic?

Makes sense to me. England seems to have become a self-defense-free zone.

Ken V.
Biggles   08-22-2004, 03:33 AM
Ken Valentine Wrote:Makes sense to me. England seems to have become a self-defense-free zone.

Ken V.

Yes. I wonder whether they would ever issue another frantic request for firearms to their American cousins if faced with invasion (as they did in the early '40s). I remember newsreel footage of the home guard drilling whilst holding broomsticks in lieu of Enfields.

http://www.northernindianacriminaldefense.com

"I don't always carry a pistol, but when I do, I prefer an East German Makarov"
Dave   08-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Stop it, guys. I'm spitting drink over my keyboard.

Dave
Terry Willacker   08-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Hey Biggles,

We had that same rule in southwestern Ohio in the 60's. When hunting season opened, you were excused from school for the day.
Kenji   12-29-2004, 11:25 AM
This evening, I watched Shaun of the Dead on DVD. What a funny and stupid movie! It's cracked me up! Big Grin

I laughed at too slow zombies. That's England comedy spirit. Especially, when Shaun and Ed fought with zombies at backyard, it reminded me of Monty Python's Holy Grail.

In this movie, funniest scene was walk like a zombie. I've never seen that before! Big Grin Also, I laughed at this good with music. If you leave me now by Chicago, and song of Queen(I don't remember the title). Good timing.