Pages (2):    1 2
Ken Valentine   02-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Weatherford Wrote:What is GU?? (Asks the clueless!)

GU means Grand Unification. Effectively, its a get-together/party of FPW and his fans. The last one was in Florida a couple of weeks ago. The next one will be in London (UK) sometime early next year.

See the "Appearances and Conferences" section.

Ken V.
Maggers   02-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Weatherford Wrote:Sounds like fun to me! I'd been singing seriously (not particularly well Rolleyes ) for so long, I've forgotten what it was like to just have FUN and DO IT.... Then I got to Ireland, and EVERYONE sings!! Even my Vet when he is working on the horses! So, I actually got up and went to a Trad session - no singing, mind you, but was able to follow along on the guitar and generally have a good time.

What is GU?? (Asks the clueless!)

And if PBS reshowed Cinderella (I had been under the impression that the tapes had been destroyed! ), does that mean I can get it on DVD????? (she screams hopping around in an decidedly uncharacteristic monkey-like manner!)

Wink

As Ken explained, the GU4 (Grand Unification, taken from "Conspiracies")was a fun event that originally sprang from the minds of Lisa, Susan, David, Marc and Tony. They met on the old RJ board years ago, began chatting online and decided to meet. That was 4 years ago. They have been fast friends since. They welcomed Biggles, Jim and Scott H. last year. This year, they welcomed Lokheed and his fiance JazzHands (aka Ron and Kris) and myself. So the group keeps growing. Next April we are meeting in London. It would be great if you could hop over and join us. I've already begun saving for the trip. FPW should be there, too! You'd get to meet The Man, if you haven't already. He is delightful.

I'm so glad you found "Cinderella!" Fabulous!

I love the talent that abounds on this board! You are a writer, a musician and a singer? Are you a professional equestrian also? Very cool.

What's a "Trad session." (also clueless Smile )
This post was last modified: 02-20-2005, 01:38 PM by Maggers.

Reading is freedom.
The mind soars, no earthly cares,
no limitations.
A Maggers Haiku, 2005

Years ago my mother used to say to me... "In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Well, for years I was smart.
I recommend pleasant.
You may quote me.

Elwood P. Dowd

thisisatest   02-20-2005, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Maggers]As Ken explained, the GU4 (Grand Unification, taken from "Conspiracies")was a fun event that originally sprang from the minds of Lisa, Susan, David, Marc and Tony.

Steve D
And don't forget Mike Hanson, King of the Top Ten list, sadly MIA.

"He knows more than you've ever forgotten...in your little finger." Laurel's Sister defending Stan to Oliver.
Weatherford   02-22-2005, 06:55 AM
Maggers Wrote:You are a writer, a musician and a singer? Are you a professional equestrian also? Very cool.

What's a "Trad session." (also clueless )

Thanks!

Yes, to being a writer and musician. Earn my living writing (what little there is - well, enough to support the other habits - music and horses.) Would like to earn my living making music, but am not a night person - which definitely got in the way when I tried Wink Of course, now, I am too old! Wink And, yes, I do the horses - supposedly start them to sell to wealthy American (I confess, I'm an ex-pat living here in Ireland - nothing to do with the political system - much to do with the smaller size of this country and the weather which I love) Anyway, am supposed to sell these horses that I buy young and get showing, but alas, selling horses (like selling books - I was a book dealer once) is beyond my abilities.... Wink

Would love to join you in London!

Trad session is a session of Irish Tradition music. I have only just started attending these (now that there is no smoking in pubs, they are tolerable - (not that I believe the Gov't should regulate that - they shouldn't) - anyway, a group of musicians bring their instruments and play. Some actually practice first (the good ones), others follow along (or try to, like me). Great fun! Good "craic" as they say here!

Smile
Pages (2):    1 2