Shocklines.com   12-16-2004, 05:51 PM
Hey gang, sorry I've been away from this board -- it's been a hellish little holiday season.

Okay, here's the scoop on the Beige Book. Borderlands Press shipped them out to us and we got them a couple of days ago (they were shipped to us via media rate). I am heading down to Paul's home tomorrow (Friday) to get personal inscriptions for those that requested it.

I expect to ship ALL copies of this book on Monday (except for those we don't receive payment for -- we'll be sending paypal requests out today for those that wanted to pay by paypal instead of credit card). If you chose free shipping, it will ship out via media rate. If you chose fast shipping ($5.00) it will ship out Priority Mail.

Now, I have to warn you -- EVEN Priority Mail is NOT guaranteed to show up before Christmas. I fully expect MOST people that use the Priority Mail shipping, especially those on the Eastern side of the country, will get the books by Friday, but there's just no guaranteeing this time of year. Media rate shipping (free) can usually take an extra week, although sometimes it goes just as fast. Media-rate is kind of the USPS's version of a crap-shoot, timewise.

If you chose free shipping when you ordered from us and want to upgrade to fast shipping, email me at spinmatt@aol.com by Friday night.

Again, there's NO guarantee these books will arrive by Christmas. I really really apologize, but it's beyond my control -- releasing a book on December 13th, which is when the postal system goes haywire for the holidays, is deadly. But I'm going to do my very best to get every copy out by Monday.

If you need to cancel your order entirely because it may not be there in time for Christmas, that's totally okay -- email me as soon as possible at spinmatt@aol.com if you want to cancel.

Hope this clears up everything -- I wish I could offer guarantees, but at this time of year, I just can't. But I'm doing everything I possibly can -- to give you some idea of what I'm up against here as well, we're shipping 175 of the 500 total copies of this book out. It's gonna be a long weekend Wink

Feel free to email me at spinmatt@aol.com if you want as well (and hey, I live in Jersey City, so if there's any local Jerseyites who want to pick up their book directly or meet me in NYC, that's fine too).

Matt Schwartz
spinmatt@aol.com
APhew   12-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the update Matt!
Shocklines.com   12-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Just got back from having Paul sign these, so I'll be spending today and tomorrow packing these all up and shipping them out by Monday morning.
Scott Hajek   12-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Shocklines.com Wrote:Just got back from having Paul sign these, so I'll be spending today and tomorrow packing these all up and shipping them out by Monday morning.

What a great service you provide! Many thanks.

Scott Hajek

[i]"A beer right now would sound good, but I'd rather drink one than listen to it."[/i]