Pages (3):    1 2 3
ccosborne3   12-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Thanks for posting that link Medusa.
Medusa   12-09-2004, 09:00 PM
ccosborne3 Wrote:Thanks for posting that link Medusa.
No prob! I made sure I had my home phone on the NO CALL LIST for Texas and it worked great too!
Sam   12-09-2004, 09:01 PM
The do-not-call list is great for getting rid of the telemarketers but charities are exempt from this list as well as companies you have done business with who have your number. The phone calls I still get are MUCH fewer in number so it is worth it!! As an added help, I use an answering machine to screen all calls.

"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K
Richard Kendrick   12-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Every once in a while I'll get a call from a credit card company that I have a card from and they will want to sell me insurance (for $.70 per $100 charged) that will pay off my card if I have something go wrong in my life and can't pay. I always get a kick out of telling these people that I don't need the insurance because "My in-laws are RICH!" I usually get a laugh from that. What can you say to that?

RIK
This post was last modified: 12-11-2004, 12:59 AM by Richard Kendrick.
Mailedbypostman   12-10-2004, 10:19 PM
I knew it! But I'm lucky, because I haven't gotten one in mmonths.

Contradictions Detected
It does not matter if our answers disagree, as over time the game will change its answers to reflect common knowledge. If you feel that the game is in error, the only way to fix it is to play again.
Richard Kendrick   12-11-2004, 12:59 AM
Richard Kendrick Wrote:Every once in a while I'll get a call from a credit card company that I have a card from and they will want to sell me insurance (for $.70 per $100 charged) that will pay off my card if I have something go wrong in my life and can't pay. I always get a kick out of telling these people that I don't need the insurance because "My in-laws are RICH!" I usually get a laugh from that. What can you say to that?

RIK

I was reading this over and I realized that I should have really explained that while my in-laws are fairly well off, that fact really has no bearing on my financially situation. I just think "my in-laws are rich" is a funny thing to tell a telemarketer in that situation.

RIK
KRW   12-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Ken Valentine Wrote:I got a call today where the lady began by saying, "Do you know that 63 percent of Americans have some sort of chronic pain?" I answered, "Yes, I know. Mine happens to be telephone solicitors."

~Silence~

I wish I could have seen her face. Big Grin

Ken V.

I have a freind that sells pool tables and I know his sales pitch very well! When they call me I go strait into his speil and I don't give them a chance to talk until I'm done! Then when I ask them if they are interested and they say no, I say thank you and have a nice day and hang up! It actually makes me look forward to the calls because it is so fun! Big Grin

KRW

P.S. If I ever sell one I'll have to give them his number!
Pages (3):    1 2 3