johntfs   01-27-2020, 01:03 PM
The Age of the Triffids is the official sequel to the classic British sci-fi plantpocalypse, The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham. Unfortunately, the novel is only for sale in Canada and New Zealand for weird international copyright law reasons.

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself. Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable." - H. L. Mencken
johntfs   02-05-2022, 12:21 PM
johntfs Wrote:The Age of the Triffids is the official sequel to the classic British sci-fi plantpocalypse, The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham. Unfortunately, the novel is only for sale in Canada and New Zealand for weird international copyright law reasons.

However, by virtually establishing a Canadian address I did manage to get a copy for something like $25.00 over the actual price of the book. Which still beats the plane fare I'd have to pay to get to Canada and back so there's that. I'm not even sure I'll read this book. I might mount it on my wall like a hunting trophy.

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself. Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable." - H. L. Mencken