Bacardi Jim   06-29-2018, 05:14 AM
Today saw the 154th mass-shooting of the year in America. In June. This is not a political post. It is a medical one. “First, do no harm.”

I may be one of your most devout fans. Just finished re-re-re-reading the Cycle, searched out and bought used versions of Dydeetown, Enemy, LaNague, etc. I may own the last intact paperback version of “The Tery” in existence.

You took an oath. First, do no harm.

At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior. If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up.
After a few months' consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favor of a new one. If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.
Bacardi Jim   06-29-2018, 05:20 AM
I even own a copy of “The Select.”

At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior. If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up.
After a few months' consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favor of a new one. If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.
Keith the Elder   07-02-2018, 09:17 AM
I have both and "Ad Status Perspicuum," so there!

"Think for yourself and question authority" Leary

By the way, How are things in your town?
t4terrific   07-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Bacardi Jim Wrote:Today saw the 154th mass-shooting of the year in America. In June. This is not a political post. It is a medical one. “First, do no harm.”

I may be one of your most devout fans. Just finished re-re-re-reading the Cycle, searched out and bought used versions of Dydeetown, Enemy, LaNague, etc. I may own the last intact paperback version of “The Tery” in existence.

You took an oath. First, do no harm.

One of two, maybe. I have a nice copy myself.
Walker   11-23-2018, 01:37 AM
Doesn't everyone own at least one copy of everything Doc has written?
JBK   12-08-2018, 02:15 PM
Me too.

But was has having a paperback of ‘The Tery’ to do with gun violence and the Hippocratic oath?

Me thinks someone is in their cups.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This post was last modified: 12-08-2018, 02:18 PM by JBK.