cobalt   06-24-2013, 01:03 PM
SPOILERS:

I'm back to watching what I call the Trials of Sookie. Again..Sookie has someone that wants her blood/dead/destroyed. It's nice to see Sookie's grandfather...Nal to help her because there is no more boyfriend Eric and Bill is something "other"....I've read Billith and that fits.

Bill is scary evil now...and I don't think he realizes just what he can do. While in a catatonic state...he fed from a woman he put through all sorts of painful looking contortions.....quite spooky!

I still love Lafayette....and again...poor Sam!
Jessica plays the baby vamp well...while Tara is taking to her new nature like she was born to it.

The govenor is a force to be feared for vamps it seems...time will tell

EWMAN
Tony H   06-24-2013, 11:13 PM
2 episodes in and I am already bored. This show should go off the air after this season...it s beyond hope at this point.

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.”
Certified 100% Serious
cobalt   06-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Tony H Wrote:2 episodes in and I am already bored. This show should go off the air after this season...it s beyond hope at this point.

Sookie hater!

Smile

EWMAN
Fenian1916   06-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Tony H Wrote:2 episodes in and I am already bored. This show should go off the air after this season...it s beyond hope at this point.
Not enough men in tights?

[SIZE=2]"There are many things more horrible than bloodshed; and slavery is one of them."
Padraig Pearse[/SIZE]
LolaRennt   06-25-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm with Toni, actually. I'll probably watch a few more episodes but I definitely don't like where the series has gone.

The show never should have brought in the fairy angle to begin with. I was hoping that the writers would kind of forget about Andy's fairy spawn thingies. The show is falling apart just as much as the book series is.

There are rumors that Skarsgard (aka Eric) may be leaving the show after this season (assuming it's not cancelled). Good for him. I've seen movies he's been in. The movies may not have been spectacular but his performances were always good. He's got "quietly menacing" down for sure, although he's done a good job with other emotions as well. Time for him to move on from being mere eye candy.

Anna Paquin's portrayal of Sookie has been bothering for me for a while - the Sookie in the books is not nearly that preachy. Or she doesn't start off that way. I think, as the author starts losing her mind, she winds up getting a little more sanctimonius. I'm not sure - I started losing interest in the books after the whole fairy war thing.

Hopefully the supporting characters won't be running off in ten thousand directions with their own story lines this season. Yeah, they are carrying on the thing with Andy's spawn, although maybe a vampire devours them and ends that ridiculousness. That would be cool actually. I'd laugh my ass off.

Maybe they can improve this season but it's not promising.

Why do I always do this to myself???