Tim Chauvin   02-04-2013, 05:17 PM
I recently checked out the RM Jack novel "Nightworld" but not a newer copy of it but the one that was published in 1992. Is this one going to be the same as whether or not he publishes a newer version of Nightworld, or will this copy from 1992 still have the same flow as if he wrote another version of Nightworld? Will the life of Jack and his family and friends continue on from the most recent novels that F. Paul has written?
t4terrific   02-04-2013, 11:23 PM
The story was revised, updated, and changed some.
Dave   02-05-2013, 07:23 AM
If you've been reading the RJ series and got to The Dark At The End, then I'd suggest getting the updated version (currently in HB and E-book, paperback due later this year(?)).

The 1992 version was the conclusion of the Adversary Cycle, so only the events Jack had in The Tomb are taken into account.

It is still a great read, but some parts you'd have already experienced in the newer Jack books (ie Jack's first meeting with Glaeken, in 1992 it occurred for the first time in Nightworld).
Brian   02-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Tim Chauvin Wrote:I recently checked out the RM Jack novel "Nightworld" but not a newer copy of it but the one that was published in 1992. Is this one going to be the same as whether or not he publishes a newer version of Nightworld, or will this copy from 1992 still have the same flow as if he wrote another version of Nightworld? Will the life of Jack and his family and friends continue on from the most recent novels that F. Paul has written?

The updated version of Nightworld is the way to go. It has been updated to include characters that have been added along the way. It has some added 8000 words of text as well.

As to the after world of Jack et al, it has been stated several times that line is now over. The Man is moving to other interests. Of course, there is the early RJ years being written now, as well as the young Jack series to consider. Don't forget the other fiction that FPW has penned. Some really good stuff to enjoy there. Might I suggest Blackwind?

There is no wise man without fault
Tim Chauvin   02-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks, I will do that when it eventually show up at my public library, and I am really looking forward to finally getting it!! Jack is the ultimate hero! On the same lines as Batman.
SamH   02-19-2013, 09:17 PM
I have not read Blackwind yet. Thanks for the tip. I'll have to add that to my Amazon list. Another terrific one is "Deep as the Marrow." Non-stop action!
t4terrific   02-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Tim Chauvin Wrote:Thanks, I will do that when it eventually show up at my public library, and I am really looking forward to finally getting it!! Jack is the ultimate hero! On the same lines as Batman.

Men in tights.