Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6   
LolaRennt   12-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Trailer!

[video=youtube;-fXxEtyyKwg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fXxEtyyKwg[/video]

Some websites are saying that the villain will be Khan. I've seen one that says that it will be Gary Mitchell. I'm wondering why it must be someone from the old series.

Why do I always do this to myself???
Sigokat   12-06-2012, 08:37 PM
I've heard both as well. I won't be surprised if it is Khan, even though I will be disappointed. I think Gary Mitchell is a better choice for Cumberbatch to play, but I don't think ts him.

It would be nice to see a new villian, but I doubt that will happen. My opinion of Abrahms is resting on this movie...we'll see what happens.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
cobalt   12-07-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't care who the villian is....I bet it's Khan though. I can't wait for this movie. Smile

EWMAN
Sigokat   02-25-2013, 09:32 AM
cobalt Wrote:I don't care who the villian is....I bet it's Khan though. I can't wait for this movie. Smile

Why do you think it's going to be Khan?

Personally I think he's going to be playing either Benjamin Sisko or Legget Damar. How awesome would that be!?
This post was last modified: 02-25-2013, 10:18 AM by Sigokat.

Major K

"He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a Prince." George Graham Vest

"We are alone, absolutely alone on this chance planet: and, amid all the forms of life that surround us, not one, excepting the dog, has made an alliance with us." - Maurice Maeterlinck
cobalt   02-25-2013, 10:40 AM
I thought the villian was going to be Khan at first....as this is a new time line. Now I'm not sure.

EWMAN
Sigokat   02-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Yeah, but the new timeline doesn't change what happened BEFORE the timeline was altered.

Khan was still exiled from Earth in the late 20th, early 21st century aboard the DY-100 Botany Bay. He's still floating around out there somewhere. So, while the ship could still be found (either by the Enterprise or another ship) I would really like it to not be the case.

I think all the Khan rumors started when Del Toro was originally announced as the villian and then they just continued.

Either way I think it will be good, but all the "predictions" out there on the interwebs is getting tiresome, hence why I said who I think he will be...I mean my outrageous claims are just as valid as everyone else's right? And especially the Emissary since we know that in his case time is non-linear. Wink

Major K

Sigokat   04-18-2013, 12:15 PM
A month to go...well for most everyone...Aussie will be getting the priemere in less than a week!

I'm trying to plan my R&R to Qatar around when the AAFES theater there will get it...or else I'll have to wait till I get home for the DVD.

Major K

LolaRennt   04-19-2013, 03:41 PM
I will be camping when the movie comes out. I guess we will have to see it when we return from the wilderness.

Why do I always do this to myself???
RichE   04-20-2013, 05:35 PM
This is going to be, I am sure, a very good film. One thing. I'm not a big Trek expert, but before the timeline changed, I noticed the starfleet uniforms were not the turtlenecks we saw in the two pilots. I have to laugh, but I just hate it when little things like this are ignored. Saw that in a Hammer film, "Dracula Has Risen From The Grave"-Christopher Lee was wearing a different cloak from the previous film (collar of cloak was different). But getting back to Trek, I am sure we are going to be well entertained!
Sigokat   04-21-2013, 02:09 AM
All I ask is that if anyone does see it and posts about it here, please use spoiler tags in the body of your text. I'm trying to stay away from any spoilers, even Cumberbatch's identity, until I see it for myself.

Major K

Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6